Chapter 51 - Misunderstand

On the contrary, I don't see Eris that much. Maybe he's busy with work or something.

When I told Rachel about the client I landed, she's so excited that she almost squeezed the air out of me.

"I knew it! I'm really a good matchmaker. What do you think? Ugh, naeexcite ako para sa inyo."

I don't tell her much about me and Eris. And since she's so ecstatic about this, I don't want to ruin her mood.

That was just her. Then there was Cole.

He messaged me on Facebook upon knowing thing event I'm coordinating with them. And of course he told Mika and Ate Rox!

I didn't even know how they're still in contact for all these years. Akala ko magiging simpleng kapitbahay lang namin sa Cole.

Let's not forget about his friends! Those guys are the worst.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" They jumped while encircling both Eris and me when we decided to meet with them.

I'm actually thrilled to have some peace back in my life even if it means spending it with Eris.

Medyo nauumpisahan na namin mga gagawin. From invitations to checking the place to food tasting and wine tasting. And of course let's not forget the official hashtag of the night.

His parents let him decide things. Then he just tell them his decision after.

When I can't help it, I asked. "May itatanong ako pero wag ka magagalit."

That got his attention.

"Promise mo muna hindi ka magagalit."

He nodded. And I had an inner debate whether to still ask the question. I ask anyway. "Nung college tayo ayaw mong umuuwi sa inyo. Bakit?"

He seem taken aback by my question. He totally didn't expect that. I won't ask if I'm not curious. Dati ko pa gustong itanong pero hindi lang ako nagkaroon ng pagkakataon.

It is a really private question and I didn't want to ask him before because he might be going through some family drama but now I don't see why not. I saw his relationship with his parents and they seem okay since they're planning this whole anniversary thing.

He is quiet. He suddenly put down the paper he is holding and place his hands on his lap. I was going to say never mind when he started, "My parents.. they are not what they look like. They're not like this before. Since my Dad is always busy hindi siya nagkakaroon ng time sa amin. And my Mom, she's clingy. Lagi silang nagaaway pero nagbabati rin naman. Mas teenager pa sila kaysa sa atin noon." He paused and I had to smile.

I didn't mind if he doesn't have time for me. I let him do whatever he want but I guess marriage is different.

"But since I started working for the company, it's all good. Guess they just need more time to figure it out after all." He shrugged nonchalantly.

But I saw how his shoulders relaxed. Meaning it's all good now.

"Yup. You just need to spend more time together to realize what you're losing before it's too late." I said out of nowhere.

Eris is staring and then we're staring at each other then I changed the subject.

I clapped my hands together. "Anyway, what do you think of this? Tingin ko magugustuhan 'to ng Mama mo for the tables." I pointed at the lavender color cloth.

He nodded and we're back at discussing the plan.

Later we will meet with his friends that became our friends now.

Ayaw nila kaming palagpasin kahit na sinabi kong busy since we are sort of rushing things. Pinakaayaw ko sa part ng planning ay ang tumawag sa mga supplier. I have to unleash my charming side for me to get what I want. Every single time. 

We are the last one to arrive. They kept teasing us if we did something or go somewhere before meeting them.

We just ignored them.

The girlfriends left me a seat so I sat there and Eris sat on the other side.

The thing with them, they don't seat with their girlfriends. It's always girls and boys. Sometimes they do but in rare occasions only.

So it's a relief that I don't have to seat beside Eris or be near him.

We were talking about the best color combination when I looked up and caught Eris staring at me.

Kumunot ang noo ko and mouthed what to him.

He dipped his chin and patted the seat beside him. Lalong kumunot ang noo ko at umiling.

That was the first and last time he asked because the next thing I know he just squeezed himself between me and Seth.

"Calm yourself bro." Seth was laughing. "Gago talaga 'to. Makabakod akala mo naman..." Then he turned to me and whispered loudly. "Hindi naman kayo diba?"

"Shut up, Seth!"

"Ohh. Is there something going on here?" Dave chimed. "What's cooking guys?"

"Nothing." Then I realized that I'm the only one defending us. Eris is just smiling and shaking his head while smiling more. Pamysterious pa ang loko.

Our eyes met. He smiled at me then it hit me.

Wait, did he think something is going on between us? These meetings I kept having with him and the constant texting? Shit.

I have to talk to him so I texted him that we talk after this.

So we did. And we fight. Yelled at each other. My piece and his piece said. But it was not easy. It was hard because when we were shouting at each other and me on the verge of crying, the thought hit me hard.

For the first time since the blind date with him, I feel scared. Scared of my feelings for him. Because then I realized that I still love this man beside me. Like a curse the love never left me.

"Eris, please. I can't go down this road with you again. Stop." I tried to block my ears so I can't hear.

"I know you want this so why resist?"

"What makes you think I want this? The moment I didn't choose us it was over for us. Wala nang chance." Sabi ko.

I should've choose us when he first asked but I didn't. I don't want to have to make that kind of choice again in the future.

"Because I want you!" He shouted. "Can't you understand? It was you. It was always you for me."

"Please. I don't want to hear this right now."

"Okay. Just tell me you don't want me and that you never wanted another chance." He lifted my chin and softly he said. "Say it, Mor."

"I'm sorry." Was the words that came out from my mouth.

I have to run so he can't see my tears falling down.