05. Teacher's Paramour

Near the end of your junior year, you engaged in, shall we say, illegal activities, with your teacher, Mr. Styles: young, hot, and smart, he was highly sought after by all the girls in your grade. Your meet-ups continued through the summer, but one day, he suddenly stopped contacting you.

He hadn't returned a single one of your calls or texts in the last week. You'd thought nothing of it at first, having the mindset that it was nearing the end of August, which meant that school was due to start soon and he was probably just busy getting ready. However, another week went by without any attempt at communication on his part, so it was at this point you began to suspect something was going on.

Understandably, you were anxious to get to school on that very first day. You made your way into the school building, navigating amid the sea of friends who hadn't seen each other for months and passionate lovers that couldn't seem to part long enough to make way for everyone else.

You walked to the office to collect your schedule, looking it over. For first period, you had none other than Mr. Math Teacher himself.

Hoping to catch him alone before class started, you hurried to your locker and hung your bag up inside before collecting your books. You then made your way to his classroom.

As it turns out, there were a few students scattered about in rows of desks. However, Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, of course." You mutter in annoyance, dropping your books down on a desk that was front and center before sitting in the chair.

Harry showed right before the bell rang. You knew he'd seen you; he looked in your direction! But strangely, it seemed as though he was avoiding eye contact.

He went out of his way to evade you for all of class, purposely looking the other way whenever you raised your hand to ask a question, among other things.

It hurt for a bit, but by the time class ended, you had enough of his behavior. You were angry. You remained seated in your desk until all the students filed out the door, rising once the last one left.

You walked up to his desk and leaned in a little, hands placed opposite each other against the wooden surface. Though you wanted to shout at him, you managed to keep your voice level as to prevent anyone from hearing.

"All right, what's going on?" you demanded, resisting your urge to grab his book and throw it. "Talk to me!"

Harry, who'd stuffed his face into a book upon the ringing of the bell, was finally forced to acknowledge you. He drew a long sigh, removing his reading glasses and closing his book. "Y/N..." he spoke with calm professionalism, being sure to keep his voice down. "What happened between us, that was just a summer thing. We can't be together. You know it, and so do I."

Your heart dropped to your stomach. "W-what? But what about all the times you told me-"

He extended a hand to stop you. "I got carried away." Lies. Even Harry knew the words falling from his lips were anything but the truth, despite his genuine efforts to believe them.

You felt cracks begin to form in your heart. He got carried away with telling you he loves you? That you wouldn't have to hide your relationship one day? None of it made sense. "But-" you began to protest once more, but he cut you off sharply.

"No, Y/N!" Harry stood up from his desk with such speed that he sent his chair crashing backwards into the wall, producing a thunderous crashing sound. You were taken aback. He'd never spoken to you in that tone before.

You heard two voices coming closer as the people they belonged to walked down the hall. You froze. Harry who towered over you because of how tall he was, sighed. He waited until the coast was clear before speaking, his voice low just in case other were close by. "I only said those things because I got caught up in the pleasure. I don't love you, and we're never going to be together."

Your stomach fell to your feet."Fine." you said through gritted teeth, turning away to prevent him from seeing the tears in your eyes. He saw them anyway. He looked away from you, knowing that if he didn't, he'd give up on trying to do the right thing.

You swiftly grabbed up your books and rushed out of the classroom. Your face burned with humiliation and anger. How could you have been so stupid to think that you finally found a man?

Ironically, Harry also felt stupid. As watched you go, regret washed over him. Did he just make the biggest mistake of his life by letting you go?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope you guys liked this new update. Should I write a part two? Let me know!