Bakwai7

N 🇳🇬

_________________________

🎵When I can't sleep at night , without holding you tight, each time I try- I just break down and cry, pain in my head oh I'd be gone, spinning around and around ...although we've come to the end of the road, still I can't let you go, it's unnatural, you belong to me , I belong to you.. oh I wanna say that I'm lonely...🎵

🖤unknown🖤
__________________________

Chapter seven
August Weddings

             August, 2017
           G.R.A. Katsina,
                Nigeria

Day1
Kunshi/henna

It was 10 in the morning when Amira sat down in the living room of their aunts house in katsina admiring her henna. She and the rest of her cousins had their henna at the early morning so that they get ready before the event starts. Amira never applied henna before,. for that, she was really thrilled and excited about this whole wedding events.. she wants to know what happens, how it feels and what it looks like to attend such events for she has never attended any Nigerian weddings.

"Amira, stop admiring your hands and get something on ASAP, the event is starting at 2 and we've got to be ready before that. We have places to go right now." Fatima said to her as she entered the living room with some of her cousins behind her.

"No she doesn't" Fatima replied to Rahma- one of the cousins, under thesame age group.."Oh no wonder" Rahma said

At first amira didn't get what Rahma said but from Fatima's reply, she understood exactly what Rahma's question was.

The Six of them ,that is ..Fatima, Amira, Rahma, Munira, Maryam, Nusaiba moved to the car.

....

"fatima, wai me kuke yi ne haryanzu.."

"mama wallahi gamu nan kan...." her mother cut her off before she could finish talking

Fatima sighed and turned to them " Dan Allah you guys should hurry, mama has started complaining"

and that's how they left the place with fatima wearing her fitted blue printed Ankara gown, Amira with skirt and blouse  green printed Ankara, and same with the rest but with different type of ankaras

As soon as they reached their aunt's house where the event is taking place, they went upstairs where the bride is as they were instructed. They greeted the people they can as they move upstairs.

Unlike others, it wasn't easy for Amira, to her it was something new but to them, it is something they are used to. Like, what's there in being at a crowdy place with the people you know or know you.. It should be a normal thing right? Well for her it's not.. Its just like being in a crowded  place where you don't know 99% of the people there who speak and act in a way you've never come across.. ain't that be the strangest and weirdest thing to ever happen to you...

Well!!

"ina wuni mama" that's what Fatima and her cousins have been saying, and Amira doing almost all of what they are doing.

They reached to bride's room or should we say where the bride is kept for now. They knocked the door and entered the room with a soft Salaam.