Chapter 4

Colby POV

This kid is about to fuck me up. I never should have followed him, I should have ran when I had the chance.

Brennen walks up to me, he puts his hand under my chin gently before directing my head up to look at him, I look him right in the eyes. He wipes something wet from my cheek, fuck... fuck!! Am I crying?!

"Hey, Colbs... it's okay... do you want me to tell you stuff?.."

I nod.

"Well, you're going to have to tell me about you first... you can trust me, I won't hurt you."

"I........"

"Promise."

I don't trust him but I shrug before taking a deep breath in...

"I-I'm Colby B-Brock... I'm 15. I'm g-gay... I only have a d-dad. He hates me, I.... I have a... a boyfriend... his name is T-Travis..."

I see Brennen's eyes soften, like he seemed.. hurt?? He talks.

"I'm Brennen Taylor, I'm 17, I'm Uhm.... i'm b-bi?.. I have a mom, not a dad, a sister, a brother and no boyfriend or girlfriend."

I'm in shock, what the hell?! Brennen?! Bi?! What?!!?

"Is Travis nice?..."

"N-No...."

"Who is he?"

"Uhm... I........ I can't tell you.."

"Yes you can, Silly. Tell me."

"He............. He is....... my-uh.... my... d-drug dealer.."

Brennen's eyes go wide,

"You do drugs?!"

"I.... I have to.."

"No you don't, you could die from that!"

"I-I WANNA DIE ANYWAYS, BRENNEN! DO YOU THINK I CARE?!"

Brennen immediately engulfs me in a bear hug, but it's gentle. I get shocked, tears flood from my eyes. I don't know what to think, Travis isn't my boyfriend.. is he? No. I don't want a relationship like that, it's illegal and.... I'm screwing up my life. The life I don't care about, I want to care but I don't know how.

"B-Brennen?...."

"Hm?"

"Can-Can you help me?.."

"Depends on what it is."

"Help me with my life...."

"What do you mean?"

"Please, help me stop.. ALL of this."

"Like?.. hey, let's sit down."

Brennen leads me to his bed, I sit down right on the edge of his bed, I sink down into the soft mattress. He sits down next to me, putting his hand on my shoulder. I look into his eyes, I notice the radiant green. Why can't I have life in me like him?

"Okay, Colby. If you want to stop, stay next to me. At school, I'm going to keep you from Elton and those fuckers. They hurt you, I hurt them."

"N-No! What about your reputation?! I don't wanna mess up your life because you're hanging with a no body."

"Colby, dude. I wanna be your friend. Friends don't care about themselves unless they're selfish."

"Don't be friends with me, I'm dangerous, I'm going to mess you up, I don't wanna hurt you, you're too nice."

"You deserve a friend, you don't have one.."

"Yes I do."

"Who?.."

"Lucky."

"A dog? A cat?"

"No.."

"A fish, bird? An animal?"

"No...."

"What is it?"

"My.... razor."

"Razor? Like, the razor you shave wit- Colby no...."

"Brennen....." Yet again, those damn tears.

"Colby, don't cry. Can you show me?.."

"No. No. No. please, no."

"Calm down. Look, you can trust me. I know you think of me as a bully because I hang around those assholes, I'm not what you think, people hang around in the wrong friend-group, I'm one of them, Elton makes me follow them everywhere. Have I ever hurt you?"

I just shake my head, I know Brennen hasn't ever hurt me or touched me wrong but he's going to let them take me and make me their toy, I don't appreciate that. I want to be his friend but if he's surrounded by people that think of me as a freak, I don't want that for his reputation.

"Okay... you can show me, I won't judge you whatsoever. I'm a down to Earth Guy, I know you don't trust me, I totally get why but just know, whatever you say here, stays with me. No one else's business."

"Promise me?........."

My heart is racing, I know he isn't forcing me to do something but he doesn't understand.

"I promise you, Colby Brock."

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. I open them back up, I start off by taking off my shirts, T-Shirt, then long sleeved. I reveal what I never wanted to face. I hear Brennen gasp slightly,

"Is there any more, Colby?.."

I nod a little, "Th-They're on my..... thighs..."

"I believe you, you don't have to show me. Oh! Here.." Brennen gets up, I get very confused and very afraid deep down. He walks over to his closet before taking out a black hoodie, it has a design with white and red on it. It says 'BT, Brennen brings it over to me.

"It might be big, I mean, it is going to be a couple sizes big for you. It's my merch.. I make YouTube videos. It's just a hobby, you can represent me whenever you want."

Before I can say anything, he helps me into it. It's very soft on the inside, warm like it has just been washed and in the dryer. It's too big, Brennen was right. My hands don't pass the sleeves, I love it.

"Holy dang! You look adorable!"
Brennen gushes, it makes me blush.

"I-I wish.." I drop my head down, my face a dark shade of red.

"Oh come on, Colbs. It's the truth, you're blinded. You can't see yourself, you're blinded by your beauty."

"No."

"Yes."

I don't know how or why this happened, I ended up wrapping my arms around Brennen's torso. Why? Why did I do it?