C1: New Dad.

" Lisa, hurry up! You'll be late on your first day! "

" Be there in a minute, mom! " Lisa yelled back, loud enough for her mom to hear.

" Hmm... Which is better..? " Lisa asked her reflection on the mirror, glancing at the two different ribbons she had on her hand.

She placed both the ribbons consecutively below her collar, checking which one suited her outfit the best.

" This cute red one should do it! " Lisa exclaimed, grinning ear to ear as she threw the blue one and wore the red one instead.

" That's it. Perfect! "

She took a long good look at herself on her full mirror- she had a pink blouse for a top, a red ribbon below her collar, a skirt and a full makeup.

But for some reason, Lisa still felt unsatisfied.

She pinned her chin in between her thumb and index finger, her eyebrows furrowed.

'Something sure is missing.' Lisa thought.

She once again studied herself head to toe, observing each clothing she had on.

" Ah! Of course! How could I not notice? " Lisa chuckled, it was her skirt- it was too low for her liking and she wasn't used to wearing skirts at such length.

She pinched the waistband of the skirt, pulling it all the way up until the hem stopped around her mid thighs.

" There we go, now that's perfect. " Lisa smirked.

" LISA! IT'S ALMOST SEVEN, GET DOWN HERE! "

" Okay, okay! I'll be down in a sec! Geez. " Lisa replied.

Lisa rashly swung her bag around her arms and ran down the stairs. She was instantly greeted by her mother who seems to be busy talking to someone on her phone.

Her mom was too engrossed with her current conversation that she didn't even notice her arrive in the living room.

" Mom? " Lisa called out.

" Oh! Lalisa, don't mind me! Just hurry, you're late already! " Her mom said, waving her hand side to side.

" Um, mom? School is literally just a few blocks away and class starts at 7:30. " Lisa replied, giving her mom a suspicious look.

-LISA-

" No, honey. I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Lisa. Yes, Lisa! Jenjen's new older step sister! "

'Jenjen? So my step sister's name is Jenjen? What kind of name is that?' I thought.

" Of course! I'm sure Lisa won't mind. " I heard my name being called, making me look at my mom in a mere second.

" Lisa, your new dad wants to talk to you! "

" O-Oh? A-Are you sure? " I stuttered. I didn't know how to start a conversation with my dad. MY STEPDAD, to be specific.

" Yeah, come on! You wouldn't want to keep him waiting, right? " My mom grinned.

I had no choice but to accept the phone. I hesitated for a while that I could hear my step dad's voice, asking me if I already had the phone.

I gulped and brought the phone up to my ear, my mind rummaging with topics I could possibly use to start a conversation with him.

" H-Hello? "

" Oh! Lisa? Is this you? " My stepdad asked with more enthusiasm in his voice than I expected.

" Y-Yes. " I muttered, playing with my fingers as I wait for his reply.