The Number Killer Chapter 3

“ I’m telling you, these murders are linked together.”

“And I am telling you they aren’t. I suggest you go find Hennery and go home, Miss. Dunlap”

“Fine then.”

If I wasn’t going to convince him then why was I still here trying to?

I went to find the main desk, but this hospital was gigantic. I ended up going down a long hall way when I ran into a man in a cape.

“Excuse me sir, Where is the main desk.”

“It’s down this hall take a left and then go to the elevator and hit the glowing button to the ground floor.”

“Thanks.”

Wow he thought highly of himself for wearing a black cape.

No wonder I was lost I was on the wrong floor. I walked down the hall and took a left. There was a small waiting room with a TV and Todays Newspaper everywhere. I sat down for a couple minutes waiting to see if the news said anything about today’s events. I waited about 15 minutes until the newscaster, Dave Garret, announced the kisser murders.

It was a tragic day today. The old Winchester ghost took a hold of three more victims. The Kisser family. Surviving is a three year old Hennery. I must say he’s one lucky little boy. Back to Larry the weather man.

Lucky isn’t a word to describe Hennery. His mother was brutally murdered along with his grandparents. He didn’t have anyone in this world accept me.

I finally got up to go locate the main desk. I got in the elevator to a handsome young guy. He had brown hair and a smile that looked very similar to Hennery.

“What floor are you going to Miss?”

“Ground Floor please.”

He pressed the button. Wow what a gentlemen. We reached the first floor and he got off. Dang it. The bell rang telling me it was time to get off. I stepped out of the doors. I looked around and finally found the main desk off to the left.

“Hello. I am looking for the room number for Hennery Kisser.”

The lady behind the desk looked up. I noticed that she looked to be about thirty. She had bag under her eyes. And looked a little over weight.

“What’s your relationship?”

“Family Friend.”

“Sorry Miss I can’t give that out unless your blood related.”

“Excuse me I don’t mean to sound rude but I need his room number.”

“Listen Miss I have been nothing but nice to you. I have other things to do then sit her and talk to a little girl. Now go park your but in a chair over there in the waiting room and I will have a doctor come talk to you, dear.”

“Don’t call me Dear. You don’t know what I have been through or that little boy, Do you.”

“No and I don’t care. Go take a seat before I call security.”

“I will tell you what he has been through. He watched his mother and grandparents get murdered today. He saw how they were killed. How their blood soaked into the carpet to forever leave a stain. How his mom ran down the stairs after her parents were killed to give him one last kiss and hug and tell him how mommy loves him and will miss him. How after that he ran behind a couch only to see the one person he truly loved to fall to the ground crying for help that would never come. To rush over after the police came, to check on his mommy, but it was too late. Now dear if you don’t mind I would like his room number, because now I am the only person in this world who will ever love him as much as his mom did.”