Chapter 8

I completely forgot to give credit to one more person on the last chapter, and he was a bit more helpful, because he helped me to actually click everything together in the last chapter. That person is:

RealNagitoKomaeda

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Please, enjoy the story.

Ruby helped Star to the hospital wing of Beacon and the nurses are now cheeking on her if she has anything broken. While Ruby was waiting for any news about her, Ozpin came by to check on Ruby.

"Hello, Ruby. How... are you feeling?" Ozpin asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm... a bit shaken up, but alright," Ruby responded.

"That's understandable, but you did face your fear head on and didn't backed down," he said with a confident smile.

"I got mom to thank for that one," she responded with a chuckle.

"Yes, indeed. She, and everyone else here, taught you and Yang well even before being officially accepted in Beacon. Believe me, a lot of people would be envious to be in a position like yours. But probably not if they knew 'why' your family were here," said Ozpin.

Ruby let out a sigh, not sure how to respond to that.

"Tell me, Ruby. Why did you helped Star?" Ozpin asked with a hit of curiosity.

"I... I may not forgive Taiyang for what he did in the past, but that doesn't mean that I can't help those who were close to that bastard. Even Star now sees who he truly is now," Ruby explained as she looks to where Star was being treated right now.

"Even if Summer hates Tai, I'm sure that she would be proud of what you did. Probably in both ways," Ozpin responded.

"Both ways?" Ruby asked in confusion.

"In hurting Tai and helping Star," he explained.

"Oh, that... *Chuckles* Yeah, I can imagine that," said Ruby bashfully.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Ruby. Enjoy your extra free day," said Ozpin as he walks out of the infirmary.

Moments later, Yang arrived and sat down next to Ruby.

"Hey sis, how are you feeling?" Ruby asked in a worried tone.

"I... can feel better, but I should ask that to you. But I'm also proud of you that you shot Tai when he started to hurt Star," said Yang as she gives a pat on Ruby's shoulders.

"Thanks, Yang," said Ruby in a nervous tone.

Before Yang could say anything else, a doctor exited the room.

"Miss Rose, Star is going to alright. The nose was damaged, but nothing is broken," the doctor explained.

"Thank you, Amethyst," Ruby responded.

"No problem, Ruby. You and Yang can talk to her if you wish," she said as she walks to another patient.

Yang and Ruby looked at each and nodded before entering the room.