Chapter 88

Nervousness overcomes me as I walk through the smoky bar. Why did I think this was a good idea? Rey is going to be furious with me and El may just think I am insane.

"Kriya what the heck are you doing here?" El asks and pulls me into a hug.

"I.. well I was looking for you." I say.

"Is everything okay? Or did you just miss me?" She laughs.

"I just missed you." I decide to go with that for now.

"I haven't seen you in ages Kriya, where has Rey been hiding you?" Louis teases and hugs me.

Kyle appears behind El and wraps his arms around her waist. By the way she leans back against him, I know they have worked through the fight over Sara.

"Come sit with us, it's just us for now." She smiles and I follow the three of them to the booth. For now? I wonder if she means that Rey will be here soon?

I choose not to ask and order and sandwich and fries instead. I haven't eaten all day and it's past three in the afternoon.

"I will make sure there is no ketchup." The waitress laughs and walks back to the kitchen. She must remember me from the last time I was here when Rey made a scene about ketchup being on my sandwich.

I pick at my manicured fingers as I wait for the waitress to bring me my coke.

"You missed one hell of a party last night Kriya." Louis says. He lifts his glass and gulps down the remainder of his beer.

"Yea?" I smile. The most frustrating part of my relationship with Rey is that I never know what I am allowed to tell people. If I were in a normal relationship I would respond with "Oh yea, we had a great time last night at his father's wedding." but since my relationship is far from normal, I stay quiet.

"Yea, it was wild. We went out to the docks instead of the frat house. We get away with more at the docks and we don't have to clean up after." He laughs.

"Oh, does Jace live at the docks?" I try to keep my tone neutral.

"What? No, the docks are boat docks." He laughs and continues, "He works there during the day though, he lives close by them."

"Oh.." I chew on my straw.

"It was freezing and Kyle here was plastered and jumped into the cold ass water." El snorts and Kyle flips her off playfully.

"It wasn't too bad, my body was numb the second I hit the water." He laughs.

My food appears along with Kyle wings and a round of beer's for the three of them.

"You sure you don't want a beer? She won't card you." Niall tells me.

"Oh, no I have to drive. Thanks though."

"So how is your new dorm?" El asks and steals a fry from my plate.

"My what?"

"Your new dorm?" She repeats slowly.

"I don't have a new dorm." Did Rey tell her I moved into another dorm?

"Uh.. yea you do because you don't live in mine anymore. All of your stuff was gone and Rey said you changed dorms, that your brother flipped out on you or something." She laughs.

"Rey and I moved into an apartment." I tell them. I don't care how pissed he gets at me I am not going to lie. I am infuriated and embarrassed that he is still hiding our relationship.

"What?" El, Louis, and Kyle say at the same time.

"Yea, last week. We moved in together about twenty minutes off of campus." I explain.