Chapter 4

After walking around for a while, Reece and I reach the main house, which I assumed to be his since he just walked right in. There were a couple of people walking around on the main floor as we entered. They all looked at me and suddenly, they looked away. I looked to Reece to ask why they looked away when I saw the glare Reece was giving everyone. 

"Who are these people Reece and why are they in your house?" I ask confused. 

"It's the community. As I said, we are a tight-knit community. We mill about everyone's houses and because this is the main house, everyone is almost always here, especially those in ages ranging from 3-20." He states while walking upstairs which seems to be empty. 

That's not weird at all. From what I could see, no one else is allowed upstairs. Hhmmmm... I wonder why. 

We turn to a hallway dimmed up by creepy lighting and make it to a room that says, Sofie. Reece knocks in code like knock pause knock knock knock knock pause knock knock, and then we hear a soft come in. Reece twists the doorknob and we enter into a room that is decked out in princesses and cars. I look around and I see all these dolls and posters of Disney princesses and Barbies and hot wheel cars. This room is adorable. Something I would've done if I had the choice.  

I hear a soft yet rough voice say "Daddy" as the little girl sitting by a tiny table runs to Reece. She is picked up and thrown into the air as Reece plays around with her. Her adorable laughter fills the air as she is thrown higher and higher. Honestly, I should and would feel concern if it was anyone but Reece throwing her. With Reece, it just looks like a normal thing. Like he was meant to be doing that.  

He puts her down and she notices me, to which she hides behind her dads' legs. "Come on sweetie. Come say hi to daddy's friend" says Reece.  

"Hi, sweetie. My name is Anastasia, but you can call me Ana" I state coming forward and kneeling down in front of her. 

She slowly pulls herself away from Reece and comes and stands in front of me and reaches her hand out to touch my cheek. As she puts her hand on my cheek, her electric shock goes through her hand to my cheek and travels all over my body, sending chills. She screams, her hand now squeezing my cheek, not letting go, yelling, "Protect her daddy. She's in trouble. They are coming for her. They are all coming for her!" 

I am frozen watching as Sofie is screaming and crying. It looks like whatever it is, is hurting her a lot. 

Reece suddenly pulls her away from me. I don't even know how he did it. Next thing I know is that she is fast asleep in his arms. 

"What was that?" I ask Reece whilst still trying to grasp what just happened. He looks at me and then looks at his little sister, still not answering me. 

"Look at me, Reece! What the fuck was that? What just happened? And why the hell did your sister say all those things? Is she okay?" I whisper-yell at him angrily. 

He still isn't replying. He seems to be in a state of shock like he couldn't believe what just happened a minute ago actually happened. 

"Look, if you're not going to answer any of my questions, can you please drop me home? Better yet, let me call an uber." I say while getting up and fixing myself up to look presentable. 

He stands up as well and puts his sister on the bed and pulls the covers over her and gives her a forehead a kiss and turns around and walks to me. He grabs me and roughly yet gently drags me out the room. Once we are outside he closes the door gently. A guy suddenly appears and gives a nod to Reece and takes post outside of Sofie's room. 

Once we are out of the house, I pull my hand away roughly, wanting to make a statement of how annoyed I am and to piss him off cause he is being an inconsiderate asshole. 

"Are you going to drop me home? I can't do this right now. I need to go home to think Reece" I plead to which he contemplates for a bit and gives me a slight nod. 

As relieved as I am to finally go home, the questions burning in my mind are creating otter havoc. 

Reece whistles and a guy brings his car around and we get it. It was a quiet drive. I give Reece my address and sit back with my head against the window, lost in my own world to notice the giant wolves running alongside our car. 

We finally make it to my house, and I leave to open the door when suddenly, I'm pulled back towards Reece and his lips are on mine. 

He kisses me ferociously. As if this is the last time we are ever going to kiss. As if it is the last time we are ever going to see each other. 

He let's go, after taking my breath away and leans his forehead against mine. After catching my breath, I reach again for the door handle, but something makes me turn back to get one last look at him. And what I see completely breaks my heart. His eyes are full of sadness. I can't look away. 

I sigh and reach forward and kiss his forehead and get out of the car. 

"Goodbye" I whisper into the quiet night and head inside to deal with my parents. 

Little did I know that I won't be seeing Reece, my handsome and caring Reece, for the next couple of days. Why, because he has been declared dead. 

--------------------

Vote---

Comment---