Chapter Five

[KAMRNY’S POINT OF VIEW]

Tonight was the first night I was in hospital. They were going to keep me here tonight because I was a falls risk and because I had two tests the next day.

“I’m going to have to go back to the bus for the night. I will be back tomorrow morning, I promise,” Travis told me. “If you need me, just call me,” He wrote down his number on my phone and took a cute selfie. In return I gave him my number but decided not to take a photo because I looked like absolute shit right now.  

The night went by pretty smoothly and I slept right through it. I didn’t even have to call Trav.

[THE NEXT DAY]

I woke up to see a ginger in the chair across from my bed.

“Wake up sleepy-head!” Travis said. “You have an MRI scan now,”

Shit, I forgot about all these tests today. I hated everything under the term of medical and right now I just wanted to die. The nurses came in and wheeled me through the corridors of the hospital up to the MRI machine. I slid into the machine and lay there for about 20 minutes whilst the machine buzzed loudly.

[TRAVIS’ POINT OF VIEW]

As one of the nurses pulled her out of the machine, the neurologist on site spoke to me about her head since I was basically now her care-giver.

“Luckily, there is now tumour, which means we have to do a lumbar puncture in her spine to test the fluids,” The doctor said. I was concerned because I hardly new this girl at all. I had never really spoken to her in depth yet and all I could worry about was what I saw on her wrists last night. I knew that she knew I saw them. I can’t imagine what she must have been through. How could a gorgeous girl like her be treated so horribly by someone to the point where she does that to herself? I was really unhappy with the circumstances and wished that she would just not talk to Mason again.

[TIME WARP A FEW HOURS LATER]

After the lumbar puncture test, Kamryn and I had a meeting with the doctors and nurses that had been looking after her.

“The results of the previous test have come through…” The doctor began. “I am afraid to say that Kamryn as a re-occurrence of Viral Encephalitis,” The doctor finished.

I looked over at Kamryn and her eyes filled with sadness. She began to shed tears so I comforted her and put my arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the forehead. I didn’t know what I was going to do because I had to leave the city for warped tour in 2 days and I didn’t want to leave her here by herself and close to Mason.

“Is it possible that we take her to a hospital in Salt Lake City while I am there on tour?” I asked. “I just don’t think it is safe for her to be here in Los Angeles with her boyfriend in the area knowing that she is here,” I spat out. Kamryn looked over at me surprised. She looked like she was about to say something but instead she shut her mouth and kept silent.

“Sure thing, she starts treatment next week, it will take about two weeks for the treatment and then she will be back to normal.” The doctor explained.

I was excited for her. She looked a tad bit excited too because it meant that she would be on tour with the band and I for 5 days before being stuck in hospital again. The meeting closed and I took her back to Warped Tour because she had been dismissed from the hospital. As I walked her into the tour bus, Charles looked at me strangely.

“Guys… I would like you to meet Kamryn, she will be on tour with us for a while,” I said to the boys. I saw Charles’ mouth open as he began to speak…

---

a/n- what do you think charles will say to travis? sorry if this all is not medically correct, I just wanted to find a way so that travis would not have to leave kamryn in los angeles with her mean boyfriend, mason.