🗝Chapter Three: Friend and Friends

After their meeting with the Headmaster had finished, Morganna found herself at a loss. Cais as well seemed to have a hard time processing the information they'd received, or for that matter, not received, and had a confused but thoughtful look on his face.

"That was weird, wasn't it?" She finally said after a few moments of silence.  He turned to look at her and smiled softly as he ran his hand through his short, nearly trimmed blonde locks.

He had an elegant look about him, although his outfit was rather simple and muted. He wore a loose black coat and trousers that go his body rather nicely,  showing off long legs.

She gaze traveled back up to his face and while his mouth wasn't smiling, his eyes were.

"Indeed. I know we introduced ourselves earlier, but I am Cais. It's nice to know someone else shares...a similar situation."

She laughed and extended her hand, shaking his. "To be honest, it is. I am Morganna. I plan to become the best Magic Knight in existence, what about you?"

Cais chuckled. "That's a lofty goal, especially considering where we are." He paused as a group of students passed by them. "I suppose I needed a purpose, and I figured becoming a Knight would give me one, though I'm not too sure anymore. "

She tilted her head and smoothed a strand of her hair. "You'll make a fine knight, I can see it in your eyes."

"Thank you,  I'll take your words to heart. Now, how about we go meet up with the others?"

                                   *

It took more than a few minutes and asking directions multiple times but the two of them finally made their way to where they were rooming. Their dormitory was a small building off to the side of the main ond, and although it seemed to be in better repair than most of the others, once they stepped inside they realized the extent of how poor the academy itself was. The main lobby was shabby,  with perhaps a few couches that had once been nice, but were now near the end of their lives. In the corner  was bookshelf, askew and with barely any books, and the few that precariously sat upon it were torn and stained. They exchanged a glance before both their eyes rested on the stairs leading up to the second floor. A sign that read 'females only' hung on a banister that looked as though it was about to topple over. The steps themselves sagged with age.

"I guess this is where I'll be heading." He eyed the railing, and nodded.

"I guess I'm down here, see you later Morganna."

Bidding him a goodbye, she headed upstairs.

Several doors lined a hallway and on them were crude wooden nameplates. Passing by several rooms until she was all the way at the end, on the last door was her name and two others. Slowly, she touched the handle and opened it, nervous but excited.

What greeted her was the other females that had been in her group and multiple beds that while somewhat sparse, were far better than she was accustomed to. The only avaible bed was next to a large, and thankfully unbroken, window. Morganna headed towards it and headed towards it. Throwing her knapsack down, Morganna went to the window and stared out and gasped.

She hasn't realized it, but through the trees she could see the faint outline of water behind them.

The one she knew to be named Lilli spoke.

"Apparently there is a river next to the academy."

She turned back to face the other girl, but before she could respond girls swarmed around her.

"Anyways, what was that about?" The one named Ruby asked, excited her eyes bright with inquiry. The others nodded in agreement.

She laughed. "Honestly, even the headmaster has no clue, but we'll figure it out," she extended her hand to the girl named Ruby. "I'm glad to meet you guys though, let's be friends!