The Opposite Lives

They were standing outside the main gate of building. Maanav turned towards the parking lot when he found riya going in the opposite direction towards the main exit.

“HEY RIYA, FOR ONCE LET ME DROP U HOME.ITS VERY LATE TODAY”

“NO ITS OKAY MAANAV..I HAVE MY ARRANGEMENT”

“RIYA,U NEVER LET ME DROP U HOME.U KNOW NA ,I KEEP WORRYING ABOUT U TILL U REACH HOME.DELHI IS A VERY UNSAFE CITY”

There was an accusing tone in his voice mixed with deep underlying disappointment and care ….or was she thinking too much into it. Riya gave herself the mental kick(((OHHH RIYA,,, don’t forget that you are just an employee and being the person he is, he will worry about any employee in the same way as he is showing concern towards you. Don’t you over please yourself with general courtesy of MR. MAANAV MOHAN, the most eligible bachelor of town who is the only son of business tycoon MR. SHEKHAR MOHAN, soul of business conglomerate M/S MOHAN INTERNATIONAL  which has its business spread around the world. You are just an associate business analyst at one of his companies and you should consider it your good luck that the mighty son finds your work worth appreciation and somewhere down the line finds a comfortable working partner in you .

Okkk, maybe he considers you his friend but that doesn’t mean that u should let MR. TAJ MAHAL know about ur JHUGGI JHOPDI at other side of the city, in deep contrast to the mansion he lives in.))))

“”WAS THAT SUCH A DIFFICULT QUESTION RIYA,,SHOULD I OFFER YOU A LIFELINE AS U LOOK LIKE A CONFUSED CONTESTANT OF KBC RIGHT NOW””, maanav smirked.

Riya couldn’t help but laugh out loud at this sudden interruption of her train of thoughts which were running full speed on AMEER GAREEB tracks of comparison.

(((UFF THIS MAN,,,, cant he control his sexy smirks and ohhh myyyy his sassy sense of humour )))

“HA HA VERY FUNNY MAANAV, but the answer is still NO”, riya  replied in the matching tones as his, casual sarcasm mixed with polite laughter.

Maanav decided to give up as usual because he has tried arguing with Riya on this topic many times before  but this has been one issue between them to which ever-adjusting riya never agreed to.

“”GOODNIGHT THEN RIYA””

“GOODNIGHT MAANAV””

Both parted ways, maanav moved toward the parking lot and riya towards main exit.

Maanav halted after few steps and turned back. He saw riya was calling someone while walking towards the exit. With as much curiosity he always felt, he turned back and kept moving towards the parking lot ((why do sometimes I feel like acting “”JAGAA JASOOS”” and follow her to her home in cover, why does she keeps such a mystery about herself. She never discusses about her family, her parents or any other thing for that matter when infact she takes leave many a times citing family issues as the reason. Still, on asking she immediately shells back and starts mumbling fake answers. This is the only unreal facet of the most real girl she is….HUMMM…. one day I will act detective on her)) with this thought in mind maanav laughed at himself ((HA HA,, MAANAV MOHAN BEWARE,RIYA PRAKASH IS MAKING U GO INSANE)).

Riya knew that sanju must be waiting for him and she is in for lots of abuses toady from her childhood friend as she was far too late today than her usual examples of being late.

But , how can she tell him the real reason of her being late that she was playing “”day and night”” with maanav mohan in the lift.

Just when she was preparing some fake excuses in her mind, a car halted by the side . It was Sanju as in Mr. Sanjay Joshi, an associate business analyst just like her in another multinational which has its office in the adjacent building to hers.

A man of many words with only one focus in life “LIVE TO EAT AND YEARN TO LOVE”. It’s a different issue all together that as much sanju ate in one day, his chances to get love were decreasing at the same rate.

Riya opened the car door and entered, mentally preparing herself for the incoming sound pollution
“AT LAST YOUR HIGHNESS, YOU FOUND THE TIME TO HAVE A LOOK AT YOUR WATCH AND REMEMEBER THAT PEOPLE GO HOME TOO”, Sanju yelled sarcastically.

“OH SHUTUP SANJU,STOP BARKING AND DRIVE”

“GAWDDD,,,,ONE SHUD NEVER MAKE FRIENDS WITH GIRLS,THEY DON’T ONLY MAKE U FEEL LIKE A DOG,THEY CALL U ONE TOO”

Both laughed together at this and sanju started the car.

“You know na Riya, I wait for u in the nearby café and that café owner will soon buy a flat just because of u”.

“Because of me”

“Yes, of course . You keep me waiting ,I keep on eating and he keeps on making money”

Riya laughed out loud. She knew of sanju’s diet plans which started with pomp n show in the morning and failed miserably by the night.