1. Rain

Chapter 1

Everyone looks busy. Walking from one point to another holding up shoe boxes and pushing racks of clothes others are holding jewelry boxes and makeup and hair spray. Noise is everywhere.

“Make the lighting right, make the makeup mix well in the skin compaction”

“This is better, let’s try these earrings. It will make the face more elegant.”

“This shoe will not match give me a gold one. NOW!”

This is my life, it’s a busy, tiring life, I am Rain Gillian I'm 17 and yes I’m gay. Owww I forget to say I am a catalog model and the good part is I model ladies clothes. Hahaha I’m not a transgender but when my dad died of lung cancer and we got no more money to pay our house and to buy food and we are forced to live in a homeless shelter, I accepted the idea of modeling ladies clothes. Well I always got compliments like, “wow you’re pretty to be a boy.” “oww you are too skinny and you have nice hips to be a boy.” “Your skin is way too soft for a boy.” “Try to act more girly and sure no one will know you’re a boy.” Hahaha all this made me decide to try the modeling world 2 years ago and till now I am still doing it for a living. I stop schooling so I can work and help my mom and my little sister Snow; she is 7 years old now.

I am actually in a catalog photo shoot today and I am in the last set of the shot. That means I will be going home after 14 hours of working with makeup artist, designer, production assistants and photographer. It's been 14 hours but I still smile and giggle with all the people in the production, well I am the youngest in the models there and I am always the bubbly one.

“That’s why I love booking you in my shoots Rain, you never get tired and you always bring smile to everyone. Just a perfect attitude my dear.” Carter the head designer said with a big smile.

“Ok that’s it Rain. It’s a warp for all.” Rupert the photographer happily announces. I childishly jump up and down and started to undress myself and sit down in front of the mirror to remove all my makeup and hair extensions when my phone buzz.  Well its my best friend Blake calling.

(Red Rain Blue Blake)

Hello?

Pick me up now.       

Are you drunk again?

Just pick me up now Rain.

I’m in a photo shoot but I am almost done here. Where are you?

Best Bar. Just get me out of here now please I don’t wana drive.

Ok I will be there where ever that is is a while. 

I just took off my extension and dint bother removing my makeup. Blake sound so wasted. Good thing he still able to fucking call me. I went out the studio and took a cab going to the bar Blake told me.  

Blake is my best friend since I was 5 and Blake is 10 years old. How we become best friend is also a question to me since he is way older. But we get along well he is like my older brother he actually care for me and my mom. He is like a son to my parents and when Snow was born he is like a very protective brother to his little sister. Blake is always making me feel special and whether I like it or not I actually fall in love with him. But knowing Blake he sees me as his younger brother so I guess this love is one sided, it's only coming from me. He always says he loves me and will protect me but I feel that in a brotherly manner. He doesn’t like the idea of me working as a catalog model and he hates the idea of me not going to school but he can't blame me after what happen to my dad and our family. His promise to help me once we finish college and started working. He made me promise to quit my job as soon as he gets a job. I agree but it’s a lie. I don’t want to be Blake’s burden. I was taken away from my thoughts when the cab driver stops the car and tell me I am in the Best Bar. I smile and pay the driver.       

I dint need to go inside the bar because Blake has been already outside and laying down on the cold ground. I shook my head and try to help him up.

“Blake wake up please. Get up I can't carry you in the car you're too heavy for me.” He's fucking heavy and tall his 6 feet 5 inches and I am only 5 feet 5 inches. I know I am small that’s why I never been booked in fashion shows because I am petite. Thank God he gave me fairly beautiful face as what people say. Blake opens his eyes revealing his ocean blue eyes. He smiles and taps my nose.

“I know you're coming. You never let me down Rai-Rai” he smirks groggily. I laugh at him.

“Yeah that's why you get the habit of getting drunk because you know I will come and help you. What if I am busy and…” I got cut off when he press his finger in my lips and shush me.

“You love me so much and will always come when I need you.” I blush a bit. I help him stand and walk to the car. I sit him in the passenger seat while I set myself in the driver seat and started to drive home. Yes, my home he stays with us when he's on college break. Why? Well that’s another story. 

I carefully laid him down on my bed or should I say our bed. I quickly wash off the makeup on my face and brush my teeth. After I fresh up I gently take off Blake’s shoes and socks. I unbuckle his belt and unbutton his pants and take it off leaving him with his superman boxer. Hehehe this is my gift to him last Christmas. I remove his jacket and shirt then I wipe his body with clean cloth and water. I gently wipe his face when he opens his eyes.

“Rain your kind and beautiful. I’m sorry I can't help it I…” he clasps my cheeks with his hands and stares straight in my eyes. My heart was beating so fast I am getting drown with his ocean blue eyes.

“I…. I….” He leans up and kisses my forehead and whisper in the kiss. “I want you to be happy.” I sigh and smile.

“I am happy Blake, you’re here and you always made me and my family feels loved and special. I can't even imagine life without you Blake.” He kiss my nose and pull me on top of him. He wraps his arms about my waist. He kisses my head and said good night I nod as a reply. I can hear his heart beats so steady and that made me drift off to dreamland