5. Second Best.

Charter 5

Rupert’s POV

Wow, he is so small and thin, looks like he will break into pieces if someone crash him by accident.  I open my car and carefully laid him down on my passenger sit. I run on the driver side and just look how naturally beautiful and peaceful this boy sleeping in my car. I ran my finger in Rain’s perfectly curved eyebrow down to his pointed nose. He scrunches his nose and he looks so cute, I smirk. I continuously run my finger is his naturally pink cheeks, then I let my thumb touch his thin pink lips. I can't stop myself, I like Rain since the first photo session we had 2 years ago. I lean down and look at his lips and slowly let my lips almost touch his little open lips, but I decided to just kiss the side of his lips. I don’t want him to feel taken advantage if he wakes up while I am kissing him. I groan and drive out of the restaurant parking lot.

I carry him bridal, style and unlock my house. I went straight in my bedroom and place Rain comfortable in my bed and cover him with a blanket. I stroke his forehead, removing the hair covering his eyes. I sit beside him in the bed and dialed my phone to call her mom. After 4 rings a man answered their home phone.

“Hello? Rain where are you?” the man sounds worried. I clear my throat before I speak.

“This is Rupert. Can I speak with Mrs…”

“This is Blake where is Rain. Tell me, I will pick him up now!” Hmmm, I guess his upset and worried.

“Rain is a little drunk and already sleeping, I just want to tell Mrs. Gillan that I will bring Rain home tomorrow as soon as he is up.” I tried to be calm.

“NO! I don’t care if he's drunk I will get him and bring him home now. Tell me your address. Mom is not here so you can't talk to her. And don’t you ever lay a finger on Rain.” Blake is trying to talk calm, but still his voice is trying to scare me. As if I am scared of him.

“Hey, I am not a pervert so don’t talk to me as if I am molesting Rain. And go to hell I won't give you my address. Mrs. Gillan allows Rain to stay overnight with me. I don’t need your permission Blake. Your just Rain’s best friend.” With that I hung up the phone and feel proud that I said what I had to say. Blake is only Rain’s best friend and I will be his boyfriend soon. Wow confident me, will I be Rain’s boyfriend? I really want to be a part of his life. I slide down beside Rain in bed. In an instant I feel Rain move and snuggle close in my chest. I stroke his hair and kiss the top of his head. Then I doze off to sleep, making sure my arms are hugging Rain protectively.   

(Rain’s POV)

WTF! Who would knock that hard on the door. Yes, that annoying creature knocking on the door wakes me up. I groan and carefully lift Rupert’s arms from my waist, then I stood up and went out of his room and into the living room to open the door. I loudly sigh when I saw who it is.

“Mom gives the address and I am bringing you home little spoiled brat Rain.” Blake was standing in front of the door with an annoying smirk on his face. I just look at him the sharpest I can. As if my eyes can cut his super handsome face. What? I am upset with him right. No, I just have hung over. I don’t know, whatever.  I turn around and left the door open so he can come inside.

“Rupert is still sleeping, he will drive me home in a while.” I said in a very cold voice. I wish it sounded cold. I feel Blake’s hand on my shoulder and the next thing I know I was spun around to face him. His eyes are wide its funny, I thought it will fall off huh,

“Why are you just in your brief and shirt? ... You did not? Did you?” I flinch as I feel the pain of how tight he was holding my shoulder. I exactly know that look Blake is giving me right now.

“What are you talking about Blake? Take your hands off me, your fucking hurting me, dick head. I'm a virgin and I don’t slut around with anyone.” He let loose of me. He looks up at the ceiling as if thinking of what to say while both his hands are on his waist.

“Wear your shorts and let's go home. NOW!” his voice is loud. No its actually booming loud, I got scared. Blake never yells at me. I feel my body tremble from his loud voice.

“What are you doing in my house? Get out.” I heard Rupert’s loud voice from behind me. He noticed me shaking so he protectively enfolds me with his warm embrace. I hide my face in his chest.

“I’m taking Rain home and you can't stop me.” I feel Blake grab me by my wrist. But Rupert whacks his hands off my wrist. With Rupert one hand hugging me and his other hand, trying to push Blake off of us. I started to cry when I see Blake’s hand hit the back of Rupert’s head. Rupert sets me aside and hit Blake’s jaw with his fist. They are about to collide with each other when Blake’s phone ring.

“Hello?” Blake’s voice is annoyed. “What? Where? ... Now? ... But… You dint tell me your coming… ok, I will be there.” His face changed from super angry to confuse. He looks at me as if he don’t wana hurt me.

“We have to go now. Kristen just arrived at the airport. Got to pick her up.” I felt a knife being stabbed in my chest. I take a deep breath, my chest is really in pain fuck. He can't look me in the eyes. He was talking to me, but his eyes are on the floor. Rupert is standing by the bedroom door, arms cross in his chest.

“It's ok. Go pick her up. I will go home by myself in a while.” I am so proud of myself, my voice come up bold and straight. I walk past Rupert and flap myself in his bed. Then I heard the front door close. I feel a hand wrap me in a hug while I am laying on my stomach. I look up and meet a pair of gray eyes and thick lashes. Finally, my dam of tears exploded and Rupert hugs me tight.

“I will always be second best. I will never be Blake’s number one. It's just too painful Rupert, why do I have to feel this pain…” Rupert shush me and whisper sweet words in my ears until I actually fell asleep on his chest.

When I wake up Rupert offered to drive me home, but I declined. I just want to walk and just think about all the things I did for Blake, if I actually did it because I love him or because I am waiting for him to love me the way I love him. For the first time since I become friends with Blake I felt ashamed of myself. For the first time I realize that I am so pathetic and disgusting waiting for Blake to see me in a special way, waiting for Blake to love me in a way I know deep in my heart that he will never be capable of doing. Today I am officially tired of waiting and acting all crazy for you Blake. Today I will start to love myself and give myself a chance to be happy. Today I will stop forcing myself to be a part of your life. I was rudely interrupted by a car horn. The fuck! That made me jump 5 feet off the ground.  

The car window on the passenger side of the car slide down. “Hey! Just in case you dint realize its starting to rain hard and your actually soaking wet, Rain Gillan.” The driver of the car was smiling at me. I actually don’t recognize this man, but he knows my name.

“Hop-in I will drive you home. Just tell me where. It's been 3 years since I last saw you, but, hey hey hey you still are the cutie my little bro goes crazy and over protective with.” I tried to gaze at the man and really tried to see if I know him. Geeezzzzz that dimples and blue eyes is just too familiar. Hahahah not just familiar I know this man.

“Jesus Christ!!! Blade you scared the shit out of me, fuck!” I finally let out a loud sigh and we both laugh. I open the car door and slip in and sit comfortably.

“Don’t worry, I won't kidnap you or rape you.” Blade never changes still Mr. Joker I see. “So why is Rain under the rain?” Blade chuckles at his own joke. I just roll my eyes and laugh a bit.

“You know I love rain since I was a kid. Remember Blake and I always play in the rain?” I put my knees up and hug them as I am really feeling cold. Blade removes his suit and hand it to me.

“Here wrap yourself in my coat your cold, I know… yes, you always end up with bruises after playing withy Blake in the rain. You always think you're as big and strong as Blake when you were a kid. But you always end up losing every time you two wrestle I remember.” I look at him and I can see a small smile on his lips. He quickly looks at me and top my nose. “My coat looks like a blanket in you. Feel warm now buddy?” He ruffles my hair.

“Hey don’t do that…” He cut me off.

“Why? Because only Blake can ruffle your hair? I envy my brother for having you.”