8. I did give way for your happiness.

Chapter 8

Rain’s POV 

“Get inside NOW!”

OMG this is not happening now why is he here? “Are you nuts? I’m not getting inside your car Blake!” Blake is now starting to look upset but I don’t care. I am not ready to see him or to talk to him.

“Get in the car Rain stop being a brat come on. I just wana talk.” He is trying his best to be calm, but I know Blake for so long. Did I forget to say he's my best friend? Those look in his eyes with that tight close lips means he's controlling his temper. 

“We don’t need to talk. Whatever it is you wana say I don’t wana hear.” I start to turn my back and walk back to the hotel, but I heard Blake shout and he seldom shouts at me.

“Get in or I will crash this car in that bus.” I turn back to look at him and I see him staring straight to the bus coming. I got all numb and the sound of the engine as if it’s ready to run in a car race brought me back on my senses. 

“Stop! What the hell are you thinking? I’m getting in.” He pushes the door open and I slide down and angrily slam my body sitting in his car. On the side of my eyes, I see Blake smirk. “Scaring me to get what you want won’t work all the time Blake.” By now he's driving away from the hotel.

“If I don’t, you won’t talk to me. 2 years and you never reply any of my emails, Facebook messages, calls. You even change your number. Mom, don’t wana tell me where you are. Come on Rai-Rai I give you enough time to think and heal.” He talks so relax so soothing. I look at him and deep inside I know I miss him. This guy dint shaved for 3 days I can see his facial hair and it made him hotter. OMG what am I saying? I love Rupert.

“Please just bring me back to the hotel. I don’t wana miss my flight.” I said calmly.

“You’re not leaving until we talk and settle our problem Rain. I won’t lose you again.”

I sigh and close my eyes tight, trying to think of what to say. I feel the car stop and see that we are parked in front of a cabin near the beach. My side of the car open and Blake unbuckle my seatbelt. He led me in the cabin porch. I look at him and sit on the steps. I feel him sit beside me.

“It’s getting cold, we better talk inside Rain.”

“No. I am ok. Tell me what you wana say so we can get this over and done with.” I am looking at the beach front that the moon is lighting.

“I’m sorry for not fight for you for not being a man and stand for what we feel. I was scared that time. For so long you know I want my parent’s approval of me. I want them to see me and not to compare me to Blade. And at the back of my mind, I know that having Kristen pregnant will disappoint them because I am not finished with college that time. But I also know that standing for her and marrying her will make mom and dad see me as a man and will be proud of me. And I am right finally they see me the way I want them to. I am now part of the family company Rain.” Blake sadly smiles. “But I lost you and for 2 years I can’t be completely happy. Because you’re not in my life anymore and I know it sounds selfish, but… I want you back I can give up all I have just to be with you again like the old times.” He looks at me in the eyes and for a moment I just wana hug him and say yes. But at the back of my mind, I know it’s not right.

“Give up everything? You will throw all the hard work you did to have your parents’ affection? Give up your family and most of all give up your kid?” I said the last part with a cracked voice. Demn I don’t wana cry in front of him. Blake looks away from me and sigh.

“You don’t need to answer…” I lay my hand on his shoulder trying to be as comforting as I can. “It’s ok. You don’t need to give up anything, I understand you.” Blake hugs me tight.

“I don’t want you to understand me. You always understand me, you always sacrifice for me to get what I want. I know you left so I can marry Kristen and get the life I want. I know all of that Rain. You always think what’s best for me. But now just let me do this my way. I will get you back in my life.” By now my tears are falling and I can’t even stop them. I don’t know what to say all this time I tough Blake is blind and numb when it comes to me.

Blake drives me back to the hotel. The drive was quiet but not the awkward kind of quiet. When we reach the hotel I give him one last hug. He hugs back tight. “Why do I have a feeling that you won’t come back?” I feel Blake’s hot breath in my ears it actually give me chills. “Can’t we stay this way forever?” I let go of the hug and kiss him on the cheek and whispered goodbye. I am about to open the car door but I stop and take Blake’s hand.

“I never sacrifice anything for you Blake. I did give way for your happiness. Sacrificing means doing something without a choice. I had a choice and I choose to give way because I love you.” And with that I went off his car and walk inside the hotel.