9. Don't give up on us

Chapter 9

(Rain’s POV)    

I guess Blake and I are ok now. Maybe that talk is really needed to put a closure to all the issues our friendship had in the past. Finally, I am back. Home sweet home New York.

I unlock our apartment door and went inside to flap down the couch. “Babe I’m home… babe I’m here now, God! That flight is really tiring, I almost miss my flight… babe are you home? Hey Rupert your car is in the driveway so I know your home. Dint you miss me baby?”

I heard a soft groan coming from the doorway of our bedroom so I look behind the couch and see Rupert with a bed head and just in his pajama and shirtless. Yumm his soo sexy I wana hug him and just wrap my hands in his neck and clamp my legs in his waist. I was snapped out of my daze when he hands me his tablet. He has a blank expression in his face. I cock my eyebrows and reach for the tablet as Rupert walk in the kitchen. I look at the gadget and right there and then I feel my blood left my face. I am in shock with all this picture on Facebook and on yahoo news.

Rupert slams down in the couch next to me holding a battle of beer. “Care to explain all the pictures of you and Blake going viral?” his voice is as cold and the beer he is drinking. “What’s with all that hugging, touching and all that fucking time spent together?” I don’t really know how to respond to him. I am still in shock. Rupert grabs my shoulder tight and made me face him. His grip is too tight I’m sure bruises will form on my shoulders. “Since when did you start cheating on me Rain?” His voice roar as if he's actually a lion. His eyes are all red and puffy, I guess from crying. But the way he looks at me scared me for the first time.

“Yo… your huhurr… hurting me…” I am trying to get his grip off my shoulder, but he just keeps his hold tighter I cringe from the pain. “Rupert iitttt…it’s not what iiii…it looks like. Please let go youuuu… your hurttt… hurting me for real.” My tears start to rapidly fall down my eyes while I look Rupert straight in his eyes. I can see his hurt and very angry as well. I feel him slowly letting go of my shoulders. He harshly groans leaning his elbows on his knees and holds his head as if it’s too painful. I lift my knees in my chest and hug them. “I dint cheat on you. Not even once in our relationship. I would tell you straight if I wana break up. Blake and I just talked. That hug was nothing romantic. We hug as a friend just like the old times. Blake is my best friend, we had issues, problems, but this time we choose to talk and settle it. That’s all what happen behind the pictures. Now if you don’t wana believe me, I can’t do anything. I can’t convince you that I love you if your mind is already set that I cheated.” I walk past him and went inside our room. I strip off my clothes and left my boxers. Then I slip under the bed covers and tried to hide my sobs. I guess I am physically and emotionally tired, sleep takes over my body.  

I guess I slept long, but I still feel crap. I can feel cold hand caressing my shoulder while I lay on my side. I am still tired to open my eye. Small kisses have now been scattered in my cheek down my neck and shoulder. The cold hand is now rubbing circles on my hips. I hear Rupert’s soft voice whisper and kisses my ears .

“Babe I’m sorry I dint mean to hurt you. I’m sorry…” I feel his tears drop on my cheek while his planting kisses on my temple.

I lay flat on my back and open my eyes looking straight at his eyes. His face is inches away from me. His elbow is supporting his weight. I gently hold both his cheeks and wipe his tears with both my thumb. “Shhh… Don’t cry babe, I’m fine.”

“No you’re not fine…” His sobbing and crying and for the first time I see him like this. As if he is too broken “… look what I’ve done to you. You got bruises on your shoulders. I’m terrible boyfriend, I hurt you…” he sobs more and lean his forehead on my chest. I softly sigh and gently let my fingers run on his soft straight brown hair. For a while I hum our favorite song “Don’t give up on us” by David Soul. I know it's old and all but we just love it. I guess me humming it made Rupert calm and relax a bit. He moves on top of me and look at my face as if he's trying to memorize every detail on it. He gently flicks hairs that are covering my eyes. “Can you forgive me and give me one more chance to show you how I love you? Please…” I can see fear in his eyes and hear hope in his voice. I kiss Rupert on his lips and smile

“How can I say no when you make that puppy dog face? I love you so much not to forgive you. I love you so much to give up on us.” He leans forward and crash our lips together. It is so gentle as if he thinks I will break into pieces if he kisses me hard. We spent the night cuddling. He wraps his arms on me protectively and planting soft kisses on my lips every now and then until we both fell asleep. I can’t ask for more, Rupert has been so loving, caring and understanding for the past 2 years of our relationship. What happened earlier was just a simple misunderstanding and that won’t stop me from loving him. 

Blake’s (POV)

It’s not fair when you got to wake up extra early just to be in a god demn meeting. Then you’ll see your dearest brother text message telling you to get your ass straight in your family house. What comes first? Ok, so knowing me being the good son (note that supper sarcasm) I choose to drop by our parents’ house. So without being fashionably late as soon as I park my car at the mansions drive way, I enter the double wooden door.

“Finally! When do you plan to show up? Its 7am Blake.” My good brother Blade said with a sigh while eyeing me from head to foot. What’s wrong with my tattered jeans and white round neck shirt? Wait, had he even slept? Or does he sleep in his suit? Now I know why he's still single. Hehehe girls will have a hard time undressing him LOL.

“I got back from LA really late and come on its only 7am. Our meeting is supposed to be 9am. What is this emergency meeting for?” I sat in one of the living room couches across Blade. I can hear whispers coming from the hallway to the library. I see my mom and dad with my wife Kristen coming in the living room from the hallway. Wow is she crying? Hmmm I wonder what happen to her visit to her sister in San Marcos. Dad and mom sat on the other couch with Kristen in between them.

“Where’s Rider? You said you’re in San Marcos visiting your sister while I’m in LA.”

“Son, Rider is sleeping in your old room.” My mom gives me a soft smile. hmmm I suddenly miss my old room. I wonder are my toys still there?

“Blake, your wife wants a divorce.” Dad looks calm that’s cool. What? Did I get that right? I look at Blade and he looks sorry for me.

“Divorce? Are you joking? Why do you want a divorce?” this is crazy why is she asking for a divorce and why is it so silent? I hate it when everyone is quiet. I feel as if they know something I don’t know. “Why do you want a DIVORCE?!?” I raise my voice and it echoes in the big mansion. Dad turns the laptop placed on the coffee table. I look at it and there I see Rain and I hugging at the cabin porch back in LA. “You want a divorce because of this picture?” I laugh bitterly. “Ok, you get your divorce, I get my son.”

“I get my son! I don’t want him to grow up with a homosexual dad.” Kristen looks at me with hatred.

“Rain and I have nothing romantic you know that. He is my best friend and yes, I did developed special feeling for him, but only to him and no other guys. I never choose him over you Kirsten. Or did you forget I marry you even after all your one night stands with the entire football team while I am in college? I meet up with him to talk about our 2 year problem that’s all. But come to think of it I wasted more than 2 years of my life being with you. Why dint I grow some balls back then and stood for my feelings for him. You can’t even be close in comparison to Rain.” I stand up and about to walk out, but I look back to see my brother and parent's mouth open and faces in shock. “Rider stays here with my mom and dad until the court decides about the custody. Don’t you dare get my son out of this mansion. He better grow up with a homo dad than a whore mom.” I look at my dad and he just shakes his head. My mom stands up and holds my arm and walks me out of the mansion.

“I’m sorry sonny boy I was never beside you to hear you and help you. I was so busy and always out of your life while you’re growing up... I never know you love him.” Mom rubs my arm trying to calm me down.

“Mom, don’t blame yourself for any of this. It’s my fault for taking Rain for granted and for not standing up for what I feel for him. But not this time mom, I already lost Rain I won’t lose Rider too. Losing one important person in my life is enough. Just please mom take care of my son and don’t let that bitch take Rider out of this place.” I plead my mom for the first time.

“I already let you down so many times, but not this time Blake. I’ll take care of your son until this divorce thing is over.” I feel some weight lifted out of my shoulders. I hug my mom tight and kiss her forehead good bye.