Future and past.

~ Sometime in the future ~ 

Heavy noises where heard, echoing down the street. It was barren to the sight- though, in all honesty, not many people lived there. Those whom did were in hiding- except for the source of the sound- in which where heavy steps emitted by a man who walked down the street. A steampunk-model gas mask hid his face, the open environment only shedding the faintest bit of light on him- a large gun was draped over his shoulder quite visibly, filled with nine bullets. 

Deformations stood tall overhead, dust particles clouding the air. The noise of heavy breathing mixed in with the air, along with the sudden sound of shattering glass.  The figure turned his head, a laugh able to be heard between the air filtering in and out of his mask. 

The turned and began to pace back a couple steps, then raised his gun. He didn't shoot, but continued to pace forward. Soon, he saw the source of the noise. A man laid next to a reckage of what looked to be an old car... glass  pierced and his leg, neck, and his mask. Instead  of shooting him, he dropped the gun, picked up the frail man, and held him up. With his other hand, he tore off the mask, looking as the man's face began to turn more pale. He could see streams of black pouring out of it's eye sockets. 

This didn't trouble the man. 

Once the person was dead, he grabbed his gun, and stole the ring off of the corpses bloody hand. 

He then turned, and walked off.