Chapter 1: Little surprise ;)

Batman's POV

"Oh Batsy~ You're here!" I heard familiar voice from behind. I turned around and saw him.

"Joker, what are you going to do this time?" I asked, with annoyed tone.

"I have a special surprise for you!" Joker said with a big smile.

What does he mean by that? I thought for myself.

"Who else is here with you?" I asked, hoping that I'll get some action at least.

"Oh Batman, it's just you and me here." He said reaching with one hand for something behind his back. "Oh look!", he said showing me some kind of remote control with a big shiny red button. "I wonder, what will happen when I press this?" he 'asked' touching the button.

"Don't tell me it's another bomb." I said to myself, but he heard me.

"Hahahaha...pffft. A bomb? Batman, I maybe am crazy, but I learned my lesson last time."

"But if it's not the bomb, then what is it?"

"That's for the special surprise I told you about!"

Joker then looked at the sky. I looked in the same direction, expecting to see police helicopter or maybe some of Joker's friends. But all I saw was sunset. And it was beautiful.

"Reminds me of that day we saved the city." Joker said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. That's something you hardly can forget." I said still looking at the beautiful scenery.

We were on the rooftop of one of the many tall buildings in Gotham. I didn't understand why Joker was here, and what was this 'surprise' he's talking about but honestly, I didn't really care that much at the moment.

I turned my head and looked at Joker. Wind was gently moving his green hair. Sunset made his pale face turn golden yellow. His red lips formed a big beautiful smile as he was looking at the sunset. I caught myself staring at him, and even tho I knew I should look away, I couldn't. Joker noticed that I was quiet and when he turned to look at me, our eyes met. His acid green eyes were so charming, I almost lost myself in them.

Bruce what are you doing!? Get yourself together! He's your enemy, not some high school crush! I mentally screamed at myself.

Loud explosion behind me made me snap back into reality.

I turned around and saw a lot of colorful fireworks. There were green and purple, red and yellow, blue and white. All these beautiful colors danced together on the night sky.

"Surprise Batsy!" Joker happily said. He came closer to me and stood next to me while we were watching the fireworks.

-I'm guessing you don't have permission for this.

-Nope.

-You do realize it's a crime, right?

-Shush now and enjoy your surprise. You can always lecture me later.

I would be lying if I told you that I didn't like it. But I was really curious why Joker did this. I waited for the little show to end so we could talk.

"You liked it, didn't you? You did, right?" Joker asked me. He sounded like a little kid that tried to surprise his mom. It was kinda cute, to be honest.

-Yes, I did like it.

-Yay!

-But you do know what happens now, right?

-Yeah, yeah. - he said - Now you chase me until I give up and then you give me to the police so they can put me in Arkham.

-Yes. And then a large crowd of fans surrounds me and they cheer my name, ask for autographs, take selfies with me. And then I go home to my family and watch the whole action on the news.

-Or, you chase me and all of a sudden Harley comes to pick me up and I escape.

-And then Barbara goes on and on about how I let you escape and how I could've stopped you and blah blah blah.

-Either way, it became boring and predictable.

-I guess you're right. But there is nothing else we can do.

"Okay. We'll just do the same thing we always do." Joker sighed.

"Okay. But maybe instead of me chasing you, you could just surrender right away." I told him. It was getting late and I wanted to go home.

"What?! No! I don't wanna do that!" Joker protested crossing his arms.

"But if I let you go, then you'll just return again tomorrow and I'll have to come to stop you again."

"Let's make a deal. If you let me go now, I won't cause any trouble for the next 3 days."

"Hmmmm...."

That does sound like a nice deal, and I guess both of us could use some free time to relax. I thought for myself.

"Please Batman? Blink blink blink blinkity blink blink blink." Joker asked making a cute face.

"Make it 5 and we have a deal." I said.

"Okay then. See ya in 5 days Batsy!" Joker said leaving the rooftop.

I stood there, on the rooftop edge, watching as Joker disappeared in the darkness.

I used my Batrope to get off the building and get to the Batmobile. I saw a little note on my windshield and instantly thought it was a parking ticket. But when I took it off it seemed to be sticky note with a number on it. On the other side was written:

Here's my number.
Text me whenever.
Maybe we can hang out sometimes
or go to dinner together ;) ~J

"J? Who the heck is J?" I loudly asked myself but then it hit me. "J-bird!"

I got into the car and started driving home.

Why in the world would Joker give me his number? And that little message on the other side. 'Maybe we can hang out sometimes'. What is that supposed to mean? He probably wants to lure me into a trap. And did he seriously invite me to dinner? And even put a winky face at the end of it. Last time I checked, you put a winky face when you're flirting with someone.

The fact that Joker gave me his number and invited me to dinner really shocked me, but what surprised me the most was that damn winky face. I knew it will bother me forever if I don't check what it means.

"Hey 'Puter."

"Yes, Batman?"

"Can you search the meaning of winky face on Urban Dictionary for me?"

"Yes, Batman....Searching 'winky face'. A winky face denotes playfulness. It is used as a way to convey the playful sentiment in a medium, such as text, where emotions can't otherwise be displayed. Depending on the context, it can be flirtatious, but usually denotes joking."

"Alright. Thanks 'Puter."

So it must've been a joke. But still...Does he just want me to text him so he can get my number and prank call me when he is bored or drunk? Or is he serious about this 'dinner' thing and all? I think I'll need to talk with Alfred about this.