Prologue: Newborn

America huffed as she sat up straight in her plush bed. Her stomach jolted with a sharp pain and a loud groan escaped her body. Her stomach heaved as nausea overtook her. 

"Ma-Maxon help." She murmured, the whole world spinning as her vision began to blur.

Maxon heard her cry of pain and pushed himself up from his sleeping position. He quickly jumped off the bed and turned on the bedside lamp.

"America, my dear? What's happening?" He asked with a bewildered expression.

America gasped as the kicking in her stomach continued, harder and harder. 

"The baby. It's--it's coming Maxon." 

His eyes widened with alarm as he sprinted to the bedroom door and notified the surrounding gaurds.

A new royal was to be born.

 ...............................

"Just be strong. Fight. You can do this." Maxon urged as he watched America's limp body.

She weakly nodded her head, fighting for consciousness. 

"Listen, when I count to 3 you need to push, America. Do it as hard as you can and this can be through really quickly." Dr. Ashler said confidently as he held America's legs apart.

After the gaurds were notified, the top doctor available at the castle was rushed to Maxon and America's awaiting bedroom. Along with the doctor, over half of the castle staff followed along, streaming into the bedroom with fear and excitement.

She breathed raggedly and prepared for another push. It felt as if her stomach would explode as  everything grew hazy.

"1...2...3!" Dr. Ashler yelled while at the same time tugging at something inside her body.

America let out her first scream as she felt the solid form of her baby slip out from her stomach. Immediately, the loud cry of the newborn was heard throughout the room. The surrounding maids, guards, and kitchen staff exploded with cheer as America heaved a sigh of relief. She was alive, and so was her baby.

"It's a boy." Dr. Ashler cooed as he gently handed the baby to America's shaking arms. He was wrapped all cozily in a thick white blankie, writhing around and wailing.

"He's breathtaking." America breathed, gettling lost in the wide brown eyes of her new son.

"What should we name him my dear, dear America?" Maxon whispered as he too bent down to stare into the soul searching eyes of the baby.

"Darcy," America murmured, "A name as dark as his eyes."

"Welcome to the family, DARCY SCHREAVE!" Maxon beamed loudly. The whole room bursted into applause and yelled in return:

"All hail Prince Darcy!"