Chapter 1: Ally Bridgewood

I added songs that reminded me of the theme(?) of this story, if that makes sense. Just swipe to the left in the above picture if you wanna hear:)
~
Song - Where Did Our Love Go
~
Cover By Soft Cell

Our story starts out in a small town that goes by the name of Woodsfield. Admittedly, it's not unlike any other town in Virginia, with it's pleasant exterior and moderately well established businesses. But linger for a while longer and you'll start to see the underlying guilt that comes with the doing of countless crimes, or the fathers and mothers that would do anything to maintain a seemingly perfect life.

The crisp day of September 4th, 1985 brought on the new school year, along with new tidings.

And with new tidings came the startling death of Ally Bridgewood.

A girl named Cady Black was the first to acknowledge that something was off, as she told the police on the day that school was supposed to start her suspicions about Ally. Of course, what she said couldn't have been farther away from the truth, but she was still close enough to it that the whole town knew that something was out of place. We never saw Cady for a long while after that, it was like she'd made her first appearance in this town and then left abruptly.

No one except for the police knew exactly what had gone down at the station, and as for us, we just silently assumed that it only went as far as they told us it went.

On the day of September 4th, Ally Bridgewood was found dead under unknown circumstances.

We have yet to know the cause of her death.

We were all told that her body was found dead under circumstances they did not know of. Yet the thing was, her body had not been found. And she wouldn't be found, not until days later.

And even though they told us that our very town of Woodsfield, Virginia was still very much a safe place, nights still brought the eerie feeling that nothing at all about this town would remain safe.

~~~~

Our story begins on September 4th, 1985.

A day that brought chilling revelations, the day that Woodsfield High School was supposed to open up its doors for the start of a new school year. However, this year, it's doors remained closed for one day extra. And after that, it was back to school again. So I guess you could say that Becka's story in particular began on the day that followed, September 5th.

All we knew, or didn't know about Becka Taylor at the time was that she moved here sometime during the middle of Summer. Her family seemed decent; she had a father and a mother, both with okay jobs. Her mother an accountant, and her father a banker. But it wasn't until later, when she presented herself to a group of people that similarly went to Woodsfield High, that we began to see common trends and dark spots that presented themselves among her life.

Back to that day, September 5th. It started out with a morning assembly, where the death, or disappearance I guess, was not addressed. Everyone who knew, which was everyone, sat anxiously in their seats for the entire assembly. But as I mentioned, the entire topic was plainly ignored.

That day was pretty uneventful you could say, except for one area in particular. The cafeteria is when Becka made her first appearance to us. This girl named Libbie and her were already friends from an earlier class, I guess, since by the time they reached our table, they were laughing and joking like they'd been friends their whole lives. And it wasn't long either before we all began to like Becka. Speaking from an outside perspective, it would've looked like we were all carefree teenagers enjoying lunch together. When in reality some of us just barely knew each other, and we were still coping with the aftermath of a students possible murder.

And that was that. We were a group from that day onwards, just Charlie, Jacob, Will, Libbie, and Becka. For that week it seems, we could just ignore Ally's disappearance. Which was ironic, considering she had only gone missing a day prior. It wasn't until Wednesday of the following week that that calmness was interrupted. But until then, we were left with just questions. Questions that we couldn't answer. Who was with Ally last? Is she dead? Is she still alive?