Chapter Two

Mike couldn't help himself, but he had to admit he wanted Chester even more after his confession. He felt he was the only one who could get through to the blond, to help him, but honestly, he didn't even know where to start without knowing the details. He wasn't sure if he would know how to help if he had all the information though at the same time. All he knew was that he felt a strong attraction to Chester and that he'd do anything for him.

He felt horrible for the smaller man as he watched him go through phone-call after phone-call, having to explain over and over again what happened. Listening to him talk to his parents was the worst. Mike could hear Chester's mother crying hysterically through the phone and Chester sounded ashamed while talking to his dad. His siblings called next and yelled at him for not telling any of them. Mike choked up while watching the tears flood Chester's eyes with each call, the grief seemed never-ending and he had to admit that he understood now why Chester didn't tell anyone. They were all pressing him to reveal to them who hurt him, but Chester just couldn't give out a name. 

"Chester, you should just turn your phone off. Fuck everyone else, you need some peace," Mike intervened when Chester finally got off the phone, only to receive another call. After the interview, they had gone to Mike's place to try and sort everything out, but it ended up with dozens of calls to Chester after his past was revealed to the media and everyone was starting to find out. 

"I still haven't talked to the guys," Chester sighed, looking down at his feet awkwardly, feeling drained after all the tears. "Will they think low of me?"

"What? No, Chester, they're probably worried if anything," Mike reassured him and gently took his hand, leading him to the balcony, handing him his smokes. "I'll tell you what, we'll figure it out today, so it's not eating you up alive inside. I'll get the guys to come here and you know I support you entirely, so even if the guys act weird, I'm here for you and I won't think of you any differently."

"Okay," Chester said softly, then he looked up at Mike, tears in eyes. "Did I hurt the band? Is this going to effect our careers?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure, but it shouldn't," Mike gave him a shy smile and nodded towards Chester's cigarettes. "Smoke if you wanna, I'm going to call the guys."

Chester was left to himself on the balcony while Mike left. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking a much needed puff and tried to relax. He was uneasy after the events today. It was bad enough his past was becoming present again, he didn't need the whole world to know about it. Plus, it could land him in hot water if he wasn't careful. He couldn't slip up anymore, he couldn't risk it. 

His phone buzzed and he looked to see he got a message sent straight to voicemail. He didn't even have to check to know who it was from and he felt a headache coming on as he knew what was going to happen. Word of him slipping up and revealing his past must've already fallen into the wrong hands - hands that could hurt him even though they already have. Uncertainty filled him as he hesitantly put the phone to his ear to listen to the message. 

"You messed up really bad today. Think I wouldn't hear about it or what? You think this is over? It's never over, we're never over."

Closing his eyes tightly, Chester felt the dread within him bloom, anxiety spiking higher than it should. It was taking everything in him not to freak out, but he felt stuck, unsure what his next move should be. Admitting the abuse he faced was a mistake and he didn't want to dig more into it, but if he didn't, it could start again. His head hurt and he felt sick, uneasy. He just wanted to curl himself up into a ball and hide, make everything go away. 

"They're on their way," Mike came back, startling Chester who didn't realize he was crying again. Mike saw his sorrowful face and felt like his heart was breaking while taking in the sight of the broken blond. He went up to his friend and pulled him off his chair, cigarette long forgotten, embracing him in a tight hug. "Oh, Chester, you make my heart ache."