Chapter 2 - Day Before the Fated Moment.

Into her third year at the prestigious Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy, Lisanna Hart was at the top of her class once again for the second year running. This year as a senior, she is assigned to take charge of the school's annual inaugaration of the new students as well as the orientation to follow by. An honor for her as she deemed it to be.

The sun is up and shining brightly into the first day of the year 2×××, Lisanna was up and in front of the table, peering into the mirror to take a quick look at her face, then proceeded to apply make-up and groom her hair for the day.

Amelia, who is her best friend cum roommate, stirred from her deep sleep, while peeking at the alarm clock beside her she yawned,
"You're up rather early today."

Lisanna: "Oh, did I wake you up? I'm Sorry, Me and Elias have to meet up at the foyer early to go through the details before meeting the new students.".

Amelia: "Its ok, about time for me to be awake as well. The students have to gather in the main hall in about 2 hours time right? My class will be helping out in the orientation this year too! Though I am feeling rather nervous at the thought of meeting new people (Night Class)."

Lisanna: "Oh, don't you worry a thing, you'll do fine. Besides there's Guy and the others around. "Oops, look at the time, I've got to go. See you later, Amelia!"

About Elias, he is the younger brother of Klaus. A genius of hard work while being talented in making magical tools as well. He and Lisanna are toe to toe in their academics while he's physically more athletic than her, his mature stature is also an edge to his appearance. Doubt as 'The Prince' by none other than Luca Orlem, her other classmate. He, together with Yukiya Reizen are roommates and are good friends with each other with superb teamwork with each other.

As Lisanna makes her way towards the foyer in a rush, she could hear the loud chattering amongst her fellow year mates, Elias, Yukiya , Cerim and Joel.

Lisanna: "What's the topic about Guys?"

Elias: "Good Morning Miss Hart, You are right on time today."

Lisanna's face flush with embarrassment. It's normal for her to be late, that dunce of a Wizardess is somehow alive in her nature.

Lisanna: "Well, I did try to make an effort to change my bad habit. But is there something going on here?"

Elias: "You heard about the Academy having a new headmaster haven't you? There are news going about that he's arriving to take up his position up as soon as next week, when classes officially starts."

Joel: " Well, lots of rumours are flying around regarding his identity, though nothing make sense. Luca tried asking Professor Schuyler, who then asked him not to be overly nosy about it. Well, most of the Professors are tight-lipped on the issue."

Yukiya: "Heard that there wiil be new students here as well. Wonder who they are?"

Cerim: "Rumours of the Secret Night Class are coming up as well. It's said that the staffs are ordered to hush up on this special class full of incredibly strong and talented wizards/wizardess who are in depth in the field of dark magic."

Hearing this, Lisanna tensed up and was shocked. After all dark magic was considered taboo in the Kingdom. She only muttered a short, " I see." before going quiet.

Confusion clouded her mind. Though not surprising as one needs time in order to process all these new revelations as well. 'Klaus, why are all these happening at once? What's gonna happen to us and the Academy itself? Headmaster Randolph, why did you suddenly retire out of the blue?'

Questions overwhelmed her, till the others noticed and showed their concerns.

Joel: "Lisanna... Lisanna are you alright?"

Elias while petting her back, "Miss Hart??? What's wrong?"

Cerim shaking her, "Lisanna wake up!"

"What's wrong?" Yukiya surrounded her beside Elias and was clearly worried.

Lisanna came out of her trance, while placating everyone that she's fine with a weak smile. She was definitely unsettled and worried about the future but decided to partake the tasks at hand which is the Inaugaration follow by the Orientation. Discussions about the new events soon preoccupied the five student committee.

The days passed on uneventful but left all of them curious and worried. Wondering about what's to take place surely occupied their thoughts. Luca occasionally spreads some tidbits of information to them, but none seems impactful enough.

Finally everything was finally over. Overall the committee worked hard and did well in both events. Lisanna being the most beat out of all as she was the one doing all the overtime preparations without much help. Heaving a sign of relief, all she wanted was a good night's rest. She bade everyone Goodnight and left for the dorms.

The time approaching to the official new school year starts the very next day. Lisanna was still wondering if she will get to meet the New Headmaster and satisfy her curiosity on the Night Class.

Noticing that she was near approaching curfew time, she ran for the dorms. 'Phew! I've made in on time.', she muttered to herself out of breath. She met Amelia in the room and decided to head for the showers.

Lisanna: "I shall head to the showers then, do you want to grab a bite after I am done?"

Amelia smiled while replying, "Sure! Let's have some ice-cream to celebrate a job well done for the past few days."

Lisanna: "Alright, I'll see you later!".

In the shower, Lisanna was having conflicting thoughts about the whole affair of what's to come. 'What were to happen at Academy from now all?' 'Just what are The Night Class anyway?' 'I've met many new faces along the way earlier on... There are many rumours from them surrounding the Night Class'. As many thoughts circled in her mind, while the shower ran through her whole being, she just got more confused rather than answers that she so eagerly seeks. Muttering to herself to leave the shower and meet up with Amelia for their ice-cream escapade, she dried herself and left abruptly.

Lisanna: " Nothing will come out from thinking too much. Might as well anticipate and see for myself when tomorrow comes." She tried to cheer herself up.

And the big moment awaits tomorrow...