epilogue: remember

sorry it took me 3 years to post this just pls get along with it ily guys

-

I watched them perform intently, mostly keeping my gaze towards Michael because he seems so quiet at the show. He'd just listen to what the other boys said and when they asked him he'll just answer with a 'yeah' or something short. But this time, it's their last song and he finally speak up. 

"So, this song," Michael started. "is written by me. About a girl whom I love, right until now. And sadly, I somehow messed up back then, and I lost her. Forever. I don't think she'll want to take me back after this song. And every day I wish that I could forget it all the feelings I used to feel about her. Every little things. But, I wish that I could wake up and realized that it's all just a dream, that I still have her right beside me. And I swear I would never messed up ever again. But - " He stopped then let out a sigh.  

"This is Amensia." 

Michael picked his guitar and the intro is heard throughout this big café. I am currently sitting in the middle, getting a good view of them on the little stage. I flashed a small smile to Calum, who's looking at me.  

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted," Calum sang. And that's when I took a glance towards Michael, seeing him looking down, but enough for everyone to see his face. He looks paler than usual and I don't know if it's just me, but his hair looked thinner than it already is. 

"If what we had was real, how could you be fine?" He looked up and saw me. Smiling a little then looking to another direction.  

But, somehow I can't take my eyes off of him. He seems so sad and so, I don't know . . . sick? He forced a smile forming on his lips and I let out a sigh. And I feel like know it's him, pretending that everything's fine. 

"Tell me this is just a dream," He locked his eyes with mine again, this time, not breaking it. "'Cause I'm really not fine at all." He smiled at me but I returned nothing, not even a small smile. They finished the song and say their thanks before leaving the stage. Everyone cheered and some stayed and some left and some going backstage. I walked backstage and seeing them still talking to a few of their fans so I decided to sit down on the nearest sofa. 

"Hey," I looked to the right to see Michael already sitting there. Creep. 

"Oh, hey."  

"I broke up with Chrissy." He blurted out suddenly. I almost choke on my own saliva but managed to get myself all together.  

"That's none of my business," I said, trying to cool down even though my insides feels like they're gonna blow up. Like a firework, full of happiness. And I don't know why am I even happy. 

"Right, that's none of your business." He said, fiddling with his fingers. "I'm sorry." 

"Stop apologizing." I said, annoyed. He didn't say anything after that and I get up to approach the other boys but he gets up too and grabbed my hand. "Hazel, I . . . I - i - " 

"What?" I snapped, yanking my hand off of him. 

"I mi - "  

But before he could even say it, he fainted.

-

"Luke, what happened to Michael?" I was forcing Luke to tell me since the other boys and basically everyone won't tell me what is happening. I shake his shoulder so many times, wanting an answer but he just stared at me and sigh everytime.