Sounds

SOUNDS

My ears can't take this. These sounds.. they're horrible. The fire alarm is enough alone to give me a headache. We are all looking for a way out of the room. I can't concentrate with all of this. The halls are in complete chaos. Screams and the sound of wood being slammed are coming from the hallway. The helicopters that pass the window make the room vibrate. Police, ambulance, and firefighters sirens all join and make a horrible sound. Gunshots can be heard out in the streets. An explosion here and there. "Found it!" Luis says and climbs into the teacher's desk. He remove the plastic in the ceiling. "Since I'm the biggest, I'll go first," says a confident Luis. He had trouble fitting in the small hole in the ceiling. We could barely hear the metal from the steel ducts as it was being covered by all the sounds that I detest. Luis' face pops out of the vent opening. "Who's next?" he said. No one moved. Daniel, the guy who always seemed to be picked on by Luis made his way towards the desk. "Don't go Daniel," his best friend, Marcus, yelled. Daniel climbed into the vent. Dust rains down as he makes his way in. He dissapears and then his face pops out. "Come on guys, we're not safe here," he says. The  rest of us hesitate. What  should I do? I thought to myself. If I stay here and they get in? But what if the ducts lead to something worse? Just as I was about to step forward, an explosion shook the entire school.