High School of the Dead

I HATE MONDAYS

"Keep quiet.." my teacher whispered as she turned off the classroom lights. The fire alarm is hurting my ears.. That ringing sound, I've always hated it. All thirty students are packed in the back of the classroom. There is no fire though, the school Principal announced through the speakers that there is an intruder on campus. We take these events seriously. Staying away from sight is our priority.. we have to keep away from the windows and doors in case the intruder is armed and sees us.

         So here I am, thankful. I was about to present my not so good History project before the alarm was activated. Now we have to wait until the administrators get to the intruder and we can get back to our ordinary long Monday. What a way to start the day. This weekend I forgot to do the homework for all my classes. I was planning on doing the homework for my next classes here, but lucky me! Out of the thirty students, I was chosen first to present my project.

         I'm a bit worried, my best friend Marcus, went to the bathroom and he hasn't come back, he has to present after me. They probably took him to another classroom. If we're in the hallways or bathrooms while there's an emergency such as this one, we have to find the nearest classroom and stay there until they say it's ok to come out. The building shook. "What was that?" I ask surprised. "Sounds like helicopters," the History teacher replies as she walks to the window. "I'm going to check out what's going on outside," she says.. I can feel fear in her voice. Police sirens can be heard from here.. Fire truck sirens soon follow. All of the students eyes are focused on their teacher. "Oh my god," she says covering her mouth. I walked to the window and saw the chaos.