What's for breakfast? (Lams)

Alexander awoke with a yawn and sat up in his bed. Actually, it wasn't even his own bed; John shared it with him. Speaking of John... Alex looked directly at where John should be at, but he wasn't there. Alex stared at that spot before standing up, and he walked to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth, washed his face, and made sure he looked somewhat functional. 

"John!", he called out, walking to their bedroom door. 

"Yes Alex?", John's voice sounded from the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

John laughed, "Come in the kitchen and find out!" 

Alex walked into the kitchen and was surprised to see John cooking. "I didn't know you could cook, John.", Alex admitted aloud, and John only replied with something between a hum and a chuckle.

"What are you cooking?", Alex asked another question. John glanced back at him, an amused look on his face. "Something rather simple, why?" "'Twas only a question.", Alex mumbled back.

John looked at Alex again, watching as the other male now found interest in fiddling with a fancy pen that was laying on the counter. He, then, started determinedly writing something on his arm. John rolled his eyes.

10 minutes later, John scooped up some pancakes and put them on a plate. Alex still seemed intent with scribbling on his arm. The freckled-face male walked over to Alex and set the plate of pancakes right in front of him. Alex's attention immediately snapped towards it.

"My mom taught me how to make pancakes before she died.", John said, handing a fork to his lover, along with some syrup, "I can never bake them as good as hers, though."

Alex took the fork and syrup. "Well, I'm pretty sure they're at least close to your mom's.", he inquired before angling his fork awkwardly at the stack. John laughed under his breath and questioned, "Do you need some help with that, Lex?" Alex glanced up at him with the slightest glare but shook his head. "Nah. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing."

John watched as Alex sliced a piece of pancake and ate it. His eyes immediately widened and he reached for the syrup, quickly pouring it on the stack of pancakes. He took another bite and moaned out at the taste of it.

"Does it taste good?", John asked , watching Alex.

Alex nodded. "Hell yes it does!", He remarked with his mouth full.

John just shook his head and chuckled.