Dont doubt tommorow

We rushed back to the house just as one of the girls from the basement bursted out of the back door. Charging faster I tackled the girl to the floor wrapping my arm around her neck and squeezing. Seeing as she was larger than me I was struggling, "Thomas get her!" The girl thrashed in my arms as Thomas smashed a large hand into the side of her head. She fell limp into my arms and I let out a sigh of relief. "Well that was close." I said shoving the limp girl off me, Thomas picked her up and slung her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Lets hope shes the only one who got out. Look, Im going to go down there first if you don't hear from me in the first minute,others are loose and have ambushed me if that happens be alert coming down its better they knock me out than you." Thomas looked like he wanted to object but I held up my hand and cautiously entered the house then descended into the basement.

I kept my guard up and so far so good, my foot hit into the wet mess of the floor and like I expected I heard a quick movement to the side of me. Turning I was able to dodge most of the hit but it did get my shoulder. "Fucker!" I quickly grabbed one of the tools on the table and stabbed it into the person. One of the guys reeled back and screamed, trying not to slip I charged at the guy and ducked low slicing him in the legs. Thomas bursted down and threw the girl who had previously escaped down the stairs. She splashed down behind me and as I stood to help Thomas a chain was thrown around my neck. I struggled to get my arm up between my neck but the person had a good hold on me. "Let us go or this bitch gets it!" Thomas looked at me fidgeting not wanting to let either scenario happen. "Don't do it T-thomas!" While the guy was holding me and watching Thomas try and figure out what to do I used the tool I still had in my hand to stab the guy in the groin. He screeched in pain and let go enough for me to escape the chain I gasped and coughed as I rushed behind Thomas. I only then noticed the sledge hammer he was holding he used it to bash the guy who strangled me over the head repeatedly until his head was unrecognizable and caved in.

"Thomas! THOMAS! You can stop!" With heaving breaths he dropped the hammer, I quickly secured the immobilized guy and the unconscious. Moving slowly I placed a hand on Thomas's arm, "Its ok were all fine now l, he's dead." He relaxed unclenching his arms and turned towards me his large hands moving to my neck. He gently tilted my head up and looked over my neck. "How bad is it?" I asked, sure it would look bad soon if not already. He tilted his hand side to side as if to say 'kinda'. "I'll be sure to put some ice on it tonight and hopefully that will help." He nodded then once again scooped me up pressing me tightly to his chest as we went up the stairs. Luda mae caught us on our way to the freezer. "What happened to ya child?" She asked observing my neck. "Three got loose we caught the one who was fully free and trying to run i went to check it out mostly missed one guy who was mostly free when he went to knock me out and got hit in the shoulder then a third one surprised me and strangled me but i got away and he dead the others are back locked up." She sighed and handed me a bag of ice and towel. "We need to be more careful but at least we got it under control. Go rest up dinner will be ready soon, and Thomas don't forget to store that boy you killed don't want the meat going bad." He nodded then continued taking me up stairs. 

He laid me on my bag and pressed the towel wrapped ice bag to my throat. He did a 'hold on' motion with his hand. I relaxed on the bed enjoying the cold on my neck and nearly dozed off until Thomas came back in, he was cleaner which means he must have taken care of the body and cleaned up. He came up beside me and brushed a lock of hair out of my face, I smiled up and him and stretched. "Time for dinner?" I asked. He nodded and I got up setting the now bag of water on the bedside table and went to wash up. Once clean, I went down with Thomas to dinner, despite a few bumps I was happy here perhaps it would stay this way.

.......how very wrong I was..........