Pack Mentality

When I woke up this morning, Derek was all I could think about. 

The anticipation of seeing him today was overwhelming, and I didn't care about anything else. Scott and Stiles had done something terrible by getting him thrown in jail for a murder he didn't commit. The dead body turned out to be his sister, which broke my heart. Imagining being blamed for Scott's murder was unbearable; I would be furious.

Derek was likely enraged and ready to strangle Scott and Stiles. They should have just asked Derek for the truth.

Derek was keeping many secrets, and I wondered if any of them involved me. He still hadn't explained my glowing eyes or why mine were a different colour than Scott's. Mine turned an electric, cold blue, while Scott's were a bright, warm golden colour.

Too many questions swirled in my head, driving me crazy. That's why I decided I would ask Derek everything. I wanted the truth from him before he even thought he had a chance with me.

Walking toward the school door with Scott and Stiles, I held a book in my hand, but for once, it was closed. I was actually interested in what Scott had to say. Apparently, he had a nightmare about hurting Allison while in Werewolf form, ripping her apart on one of the school buses. It was really starting to get to him; I could see it in his brown eyes.

He didn't look happy, not even a little.

He cared deeply about Allison and didn't want to hurt her. But in my opinion, he should just let her go—her father was trying to kill us, or at least our kind.

Stiles opened the door and let me go first. I smiled.

"So, you killed her?" he asked Scott, who shrugged.

The three of us entered the slightly empty school hallway.

"I don't know. I just woke up," Scott said, "and I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have," Stiles said, looking at me. "Usually ends a little differently."

I mimicked throwing up, putting a hand over my mouth. 

"You sick little boy," I lightly slapped the back of his head. He chuckled along with Scott.

I turned to my brother, moving Stiles out of the way as the three of us walked down the hall. 

"Do you think this has something to do with you going out with Allison?" I asked. 

Scott looked at me, clearly thinking it did. 

"Scott, everything is going to be fine. Neither of us are ripping out any throats," I smiled and patted him on the back. 

"Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freaking amazingly. Both of you. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for beginners class you can take," Stiles pointed out, which gave me an idea.

"Not a class, but maybe a teacher." They both stopped, looking at me as I gave them an innocent smile. 

"Who, Derek?" Stiles asked. 

I slowly nodded, feeling Stiles lightly hit me on the arm. I rolled my eyes. 

"Did you forget about the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"That was you and Scott. Derek doesn't hate me." 

Both boys looked at me in annoyance, continuing to walk, and I followed behind. 

"Stiles, chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real," Scott said. 

I felt sorry for him.

It was weird; I was feeling perfectly fine. No nightmares, no uncontrollable shifting, everything for me was smooth sailing. That was something I definitely needed to question Derek about.