Chapter 1: Flashback

~Flashback~

"JAMES TAKE YOUR SISTER SOMEWHERE SAFE!" I hear my father scream from outside the front of the castle. I hear the double wooden doors slam open against the wall of the castle and see my older brother running towards me at full speed.

"C'mon Brooke we gotta get out of here." He said picking up my 9 year old self.

"What's going on? Where are we going?" I asked as he was running full speed with me in his arms.

"Don't worry about it right now I just need you to be safe." He replied.

"What's going to happen to mommy and daddy?"

"Mommy and daddy are going to be just fine don't worry." He says.

We kept running for a while till we heard howls around us James stopped running with me still in his arms. He put me down as he looked around. He kneeled down to my level and put his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm afraid we have to go our seperate ways now Brooke. I need you to take this and head east until you find a cave with ice crystals around it," He says handing me a bag, "When you find the cave I want you to stay in there. You will be safe and in good hands."

"What about you? I don't wanna leave you." I say.

"Don't worry I'll be okay. I need to do something important and when I'm done I will comeback and find you. But now matter how long it is, I will come back I promise. Okay?" He said. I nodded. "Okay I need to go now. Take this to defend your self from anyone that will harm you," He said handing me a trainers sword in its leather case thing, "now run until you find the cave and stay there okay?" He pulled me into a hug.

"I love you," I said hugging him, holding in my tears.

"I love you too," He said kissing the top of my head. We stayed like that for a little bit until we heard growling from behind James. He looked behind him and stood up taking out his sword and pointing it at the wolf.

"Run Brooke!" My brother yelled. I hesitated but ran as fast as my little legs could.

"Get the girl!" One of the wolves said. I kept running but then tripped over a tree root letting the wolf catch up to me. 

He pounced on my back making me fall forward. He took a swing at my back scratching me exactly right over the scar I got when I first came to Narnia when I was young. I took out my trainers sword and hit the wolf's leg taking the advantage to get back up and run.

I ran for a long while until I found the cave James was talking about. I got in and sat down breathing heavily. I finally calmed down after a bit and looked down at the charm bracelet James gave me. 

It only has one charm on it. It's a heart charm. He said that when the time comes I may use the power of the charm. Although he never told me what the charm does. I guess I'll have to find out.

I heard voices coming from the back of the cave breaking me out of my thought.

"I think I heard something out here," Someone said to someone else.

"How do you know it's not one from the queen?" A female voice asked.

"I don't," A male voice said from behind me. I didn't know they were that close. I turned around and saw two wolves. 

I would get up and run but my back is in way too much pain from the giant claw marks of the wolf so instead I just pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Please don't hurt me," I begged. I felt a paw on my shoulder and looked up to see one of the wolves.

"We won't hurt you princess of Mary," She said, "Don't be alarmed, we are the good ones."

"How do I know your not lying?" I asked.

"We would have taken you to the queen by now. Plus I know you have been sent here by your brother James, telling by what he has given you to survive." The female wolf said.

"Now come on, you should probably rest after your long journey here," The male wolf said.

That was when my normal little girl self changed forever. Is it forever?