0.1

lexi's pov

friday, 2nd of february

i finally arrived home from a long day of school, unlocking the door to find my mom sitting down at the table.

this is weird, my mom is never home.

"hey hon! i need to talk to you" she said. i felt this was gonna be bad. i sat down across from my mum, playing with my hands as she took a deep breath.

"so lexi, as you may know, i am dating a man called john. and he makes me very happy. and we are thinking of..." she paused. "getting married in a few months time." she finished. i froze.

my mom, is getting married to a gyy i've never met, only 6 months after my dad left home? this can't be right.

my mum interrupted my thoughts. "lex please say something, i know he only left a few months ago, but it's time to move on. the past is in the past, and i feel like this man may be the one." she said nervously.

"mom, all i want to know is why didn't you tell me.." i said quietly. "because darling, i didn't know how to tell you." she said. "and... they are moving in with us in 2 days." she said with a worry in her voice.

"two days?!" i yelled. "mum i've never met the guy!" she took a deep breath in. "i know darling i know, he also has a son, he is 17" she said.

"A BOY? no way mom" i gasped. "hon please, just think of it as a new step into the future. a new life, for both of us" she said.

"mom i miss dad, as crazy as that sounds, i miss him" i said. "and i can't let a new father model and male teenage asshole come into our home" i groaned. "hon, anything you say isn't going to change my mind." she said. "now go upstairs and do your homework, maybe even clean your room for the guests." she said calmly.

"i hate this mom" i groaned. i began walking upstairs, thinking why would my mom move on so fast...

as i sat on my bed, i didn't have any energy or in the mood to do homework. tears filled my eyes knowing mum has moved on, and i definitely haven't.

2 days later.

it was the day that my new dad and brother where moving in. i was not gonna lie, i was nervous, scared and felt this wasn't going to work.

mum was fussing around making the house spotless. it was currently 2pm and they where arriving at 3pm.

"lex darling can you go and get ready" she said. "what do you mean get ready? we aren't going anywhere" i groaned, as i lay on the couch eating cheetos. "please can you at least brush your hair and fix your clothes to something more nice?" she groaned.

"fine" i said as i ran upstairs. i picked out this:

i brushed through my wavy hair and sprayed some victoria's secret perfume

i hopped back down the stairs and the door bell rung. i heart froze and my stomach churned.

i was about to meet my future father and brother. mom rushed to the door opening it to reveal a man with brown hair and looked in his late 30s. behind him was a tall boy who was dressed in a champion hoodie and khaki pants. he was typing on his phone completely oblivious to everything.

"hi john" my mum said before kissing him. "hello vanessa" he whispered in her ear. i already don't like this. john pulled away from the kiss and looked over to me, smiling. "oh john, jacob, this is my daughter, alexia" she smiled pulling me towards the creepy man.

"hi i'm lexi, not alexia" i rolled my eyes at my mom. jacob was still on his phone, ignoring everyone.

"jacob rolf sartorius" john yelled at jacob. i laughed quietly at his name. "ye" he said looking up. "this is alexi- lexi" he said.

"hi" he said before looking down back at this phone. i groaned. this was going to be one horrible relationship between me and him.

"um jacob hon, do you want lexi to show you your room?" my mom asked him. "okay" he said turning his phone off putting it in his pocket.

he followed me upstairs quietly, i opened the door revealing the plain white room my mom set up.

"thanks" he smiled as he walked inside. "um by the way, the bathroom is next door to my room, and it does lock" i told him. he smiled slightly. "okayyy i'll leave you to unpack i guess" i said awkwardly as i left the room.

man this was gonna be difficult.

hi, welcome to the end of my first chapter!

if you liked it, leave a rate and comment "#jexi" below.

qotd: do you think jacob is going to like lexi? or do you think they won't get along..?