Operation Find A Hot Girl

It was just one extremely boring and cold winter that lead to me making one of the worst decisions I've ever made—finding the love of my life. I promise I'm not exaggerating, although that's what all my friends think. They just don't understand so I'll just let you be the judge of this. Here's what happened:

It was around 6 in the afternoon when one of my best friends; Simone and I were brainstorming things to do to make this little sleepover we had going on more exciting. When Simone started recounting a memory and said "Diana, you know Nancy made one of those sugar baby accounts one time and it was hilarious" she said laughing "maybe we should make one too and get some expensive shit" she joked.

I sat quietly actually taking this idea into consideration "no, Diana, no I was just joking. Don't even think about it. We are definitely not going to be doing the—" Simone started but I quickly cut her off "of course not that's lame. We should make a tinder account!" I said foolishly think that was a better idea

"what?!? A tinder? We're only 16 these are like grown adults do you know what they could do to us?" She asked rhetorically "I already know Simone, but it's not going to really be us—we'll just use some random mutual friend from Instagram, make a fake account, and just mess around with these people for the day. It's really not that serious" I explained.

"Not that serious? What do you mean it's not that serious it's is that serious and extremely wrong" Simone rebuttals "ughh can you stop this is a great idea" I said back as I got up from the bed to walk to my bedside table—that oddly isn't placed by the side of my bed to retrieve my laptop. "Okay so let's go find some mutuals on Instagram" I continued when I finally reached my laptop and started walking back to my bed

"I don't know about this it still seems wrong to me" Simone continued whining "It's not that big of deal Simone. Let's just do this" I said searching through Instagram as I start "operation find a hot girl".

As I scrolled through my Instagram looking for decent looking girls to use as a trap. Simone continued whining—which I ignored. "Okay, how about her?" I asked "no this is a bad idea" she replied "yeah you're right she looks way too good they'll suspect it's a catfish we need someone more...basic" I agreed and she sighed and said "that's not what I meant Diana, I mean the whole idea is wrong. This is not right I don't want anybody getting hurt" to which I didn't respond.

I continued searching for girls to use to lure the foolish guys in once we started so Simone started closing my laptop screen "hey! What are you doing?!? Why are you closing the laptop? I'm trying to get this started tonight" I yelled at her "You're not listening to me that's why" she said after removing her hands away from my laptop. I continued ignoring her because this is a great plan and she just doesn't see it yet but once we start she'll be enjoying herself I just know it.

But Simone being Simone went on complaining but I eventually convinced her and it went a little something like this:

"Simone just chill out okay nothings going to go wrong and nobody is going to get hurt they literally can't even touch us" I said after hearing her complain about people getting hurt for the thousandth time.
"But I don't want to hurt anyone-emotionally" she retorted
"No one is going to get hurt, we're only going to talk to them for a day" I said looking at her as if she was crazy
"But like what if they start falling in love or something" Simone questioned
"Love? It's only one day!! Why are you making this seem like such a big deal?" I said starting to get annoyed at her pestering
"I just don't want to be mean or anything" She continued annoying me with all her silly concerns
"Simone just calm down. It is not that deep. We're just going to be joking around with them nothing too serious" I said making her ponder for a few seconds.
"...okay fine. Let's do it" She finally said causing me to grin.
"YESSSS!!! Ok now help me find a girl" I said finally getting what I wanted.

Minutes later we were both really into the idea of judging girls solely on their face like never before. We finally found the right girl thirty minutes later. "Okay, we can't use her real name just so they don't go look her up" I stated as I scrolled through the page looking for the most natural pictures I could find "yeah let's name her Avery" she replied as she finally finished installing the Tinder app "Wait! It says you need a Facebook to make an account" she said as she turned to show me her phone screen "oh... well just make a random fake Facebook account" I said in a know it all tone "That's way too much work for me. It's your idea so you make it" She said obnoxiously "ugh fine while I'm making it just find some good pictures of "Avery" and think of a good bio too and also let's make her like 23 years old" I ordered and she agreed.

In less than twenty minutes we were ready—turns out making a Facebook account is a lot of work especially when you also have to make a fake email.

"Do you have it installed on your phone?" Simone questioned "yeah I'm in," I said as I started trying to figure out how exactly this is going to work "Okay so I'm about 95 percent sure swiping right means yes and left means no, hopefully, we get a match" I explained. About ten minutes went by and we haven't gotten any matches and it's already 8:30 pm.

"Okay so let's just swipe right to everybody, because being picky isn't getting us any matches" I concluded as I started viciously swiping right. Seconds later we were both swiping right at the speed of light until Simone finally said: "Diana, we've got a match!".