Prologue

I woke up to blood curling screams. I sat straight up in my bed hugging the teddy bear daddy gave me on my eighth birthday. The full moon shined through the big glass windows lightly lighting up my room. I slowly slid off the bed my little feet hitting the cold marble floors. Another scream echoed throughout the castle this time the scream sent chills down my back. I hugged teddy close to my chest as I opened the door. I peeked my head out into the hall, nothing. I slowly made my way out of my bedroom and walked down the hall. 

"Mommy?" I barely squeaked out. There was no answer. The only answer I was given was silence. I approached the marble stair case, but I stopped in my tracks. 

"P-please just leave my family alone." My mother's voice was shaky and terrified. Who was mommy talking too? I tried to move but it was like my feet were glued to the ground. 

"Please think of Rayea before you do this. She is just a baby! We trusted you and treated you as family!" My mother said between sobs. The mysterious person sent out raspy laugh like they were getting enjoyment out of this.My mother let out another scream then it was replaced with more silence. 

I ran towards where I heard my mother's voice as I made my way down the stairs. Someone dressed in black stormed out of the front doors, but I was more focused on my parents who lied face up on the floor. Red scarlet blood oozed out from my parents wound. I continued running  to them dropping teddy in the blood as I fell to my knees between my parents. I shook mommy's lifeless body repeatedly.

"Mommy please wake up!" I screamed as tears poured from my eyes. I continuously begged her to wake up, but she never did. 

My skin was stained from my parent's blood. I held my head in my hands and cried til I couldn't anymore. Why would someone do this to mommy and daddy? The screams replayed over and over in my head. Mommy and daddy were gone and never coming back.