eight

08| passing moments

" happy six years! army! we love you!"

the boys ran backstage after wrapping up the last of their performance, joy radiating from within the dressing room.

hoseok quickly sat down, looking at his phone to check up on any notifications.

carelessly, he scrolled around the internet with little interest as his makeup artist removed his makeup.

his life was finally where he was most content.

-

" i know, i know. i'm just gonna take a stroll." he stated, hanging up the phone on his younger friend.

he walked around the old streets he used to roam as a trainee. it was strange, the area felt different than usual.

but he hadn't been around this area for so long, it was no surprise that it had changed.

finally, he stopped by the lamp post that stood outside of the convenience store that he had always went to.

" i hope you're doing well." he said to the lamp post, hoping that the woman he had met years ago would hear.

he chuckled sadly, " forgive me for never speaking to you." he said, tears welling up in his eyes.

she stood there.

underneath the lamp post. watching with a tear streaming down her cheek.

she nodded her head. it's okay, she wanted to say so badly.

he had finally visited after years, and that was enough. he was enough.

" i waited six years for you." she said, her voice unheard. she so badly wanted to be heard.

oh, how sad of a story theirs was.

" jung hoseok."

the boy raised his head, swearing he could've heard someone say his name.

– and he found himself staring back at the beautiful woman. the woman from the convenience store long ago; the woman who was always rushing; the woman who hid her scars; the one who had lost her innocence unfairly; the one who was alone; the one who wanted someone to listen—

the one.

the one he never met.