Mouri Ran

Please read author's note at the end of the chapter...

Ran walked down the street to the detective apartment. Rain pattered down on her umbrella as she trudged the way home.
"Baka*!" A familliar voice called. "Are you trying to catch a cold?"
There he was- wearing his blue blazer with the tie tucked underneath with the white shirt. His piercing cobalt blue eyes shone in the darkness of the rain, as he held his own umbrella, standing across the road.
"Shinichi..." She whispered. He walked over to her in his typical Shinichi-fashion, with his hands tucked in his jeans pocket, his blazer messy as ever.
"Here." He murmured as he draped his blazer over her. "You trying to catch a cold or what?"
The two walked silently to the apartment.
"Thank you..." Ran smiled softly.
"Mm." He mm-ed in his Shinichi-tone as he turned and walked back towards wherever he came from.
"Shinichi..." Ran whispered. She grabbed his sleeve. "Don't... Don't leave me again."
Shinichi smiled gently. "Wait for me, okay?" He winked. "I'll be back sooner than you think."
He smiled then let go of her hand- and ran around the street junction. Then he was gone.
Ran grasped his blazer tighter in her hand, snuggling it close to her chest.
"Shinichi..." She murmured to the dark night and pattering rain. He was gone. Just like all the other times, he was gone.

Author's note

Hey this is the first chapter of Confessions of a Tantei. If you read the summary, you would know that this book's ending has yet to be determined. So, basically, there are two people who are potential love interests of Shinichi!!! The first and second chapter is going to introduce the two potential love interests, and after that, you guys, the readers, have to vote which one you want Shinichi to date! I will wait for 1 week after every chapter to before I release the next chapter. Basically, at each chapter, for whoever that gets the most votes in the comments section, the next chapter will be on that ship.

YAYYYYYYYYY vote Pleaseeeeee

~CadenceHood
P. S the first two chapters will be really short. It gets better, I promise!
P. P. S Fanart isn't mine, I got it online...