Helping

It was the next morning. I peek at the old clock next to me. 8:00 it said. I then look at Rey, she is sleeping, but she then wakes up and sees me staring at her. I turn around to make it less awkward. She looks at me. "I'm hungry" she says to me. "Just let me go!" she says, her tone a bit more harsh. "Not...safe" I groan. "Not safe? Fine. Then you'll have to go and get me some food, because I'm starved" she says more gently. She looks at me more...calmly. "Please. I would be really grateful for some food" she says. "O..k" I groan. I get up and go to get her some food.

Rey's P.O.V.

Thank God he left. I can finally escape. I run around the airport as fast as I can. I then see a crowd of zombies, they can smell me, so I hide under a plane. Then, I feel a hand touch my back. It was him. He scared me.

B's P.O.V.

She was under the plane. Why is she running? I'm trying to be nice. "Don't...run" I groan. I had to wipe blood on her face again. "Be...dead" I say. I had to demonstrate. She does it, but its too over the top. "Its too...much". We manage to get past them. "I told you...not to run" I say. "Yes, I understand. But I am still hungry" she tells me.

We find an abandoned shop. I keep watch while she searches the shelves. "Yes!" she exclaimed, while holding up a pot of fruit. We're back in my home and she is eating the fruit. She is happy that she found food. So, I walk over to my fridge and hand her a bottle of beer. She takes it while saying, "Thank you". I sit down and watch her drink the beer. She looks at me with a little smile. "Guess you can't be all that bad, Mr. Zombie" she says. With effort, I try to say, "My...name". "You have a name?" she asks. I nod. "What is your name?". I try to pronounce the letter, "B...b" "B?" she asks. This date is not going well. I want to die all over again. "Does your name start with a B?" she asks. I nod. She tries to guess my name. "Barry?" I shake my head. "Brendon?" I shake my head again. "Bryan? Bert?" I look to the floor in sadness. I have no name. "I know, I'll give you a name that suits you" she says, smiling. I look up at her. She studies my looks, my clothes and my hair. She clicks her fingers. "I have a name" she says. "Why don't I just call you 'Ben'? That's a start" Rey says. And for the first time, I actually smiled. "Ben..." I said to myself.