Introduction

Third Person POV

Gemma A. Wagner. A vivacious, and optomistic 29 year old women along with her two kids, Acacia (8), and Iris (10). Gemma  was born on July 25, 1910 in Stettin, Germany (Szczecin, Poland in present day) in a rich-class family. Her family was well know for producing wagons for the city. Life for Gemma was going very well. She excelled in all her classes in school. Her parents wanted her to continue the family business, but she insisted on becoming a doctor. Her plans was interrupted with the birth of Iris. This was the best thing that ever happened to Gemma. She knew this would happen as life progressed but she didn't expect another child. Two years later, Acacia was born. She would  never put work above her children, so she decided to take a break from becoming a doctor, instead to be a real mother. Her boyfriend was a real stuck up, and didn't wont to step up, but that didnt stop Gemma. As the years progressed, her family have heard abou the rise of the Nazi's and they're hatred for Jews.

"Gemma. You, Iris, and Acacia leave now! We're too old to try to run! We lived out lives, but you and the kids still plenty to explore." Gemma father said.

"What!? Do not be so foolish! I don't wont to leave you behind! Mother, do you hear this!?" Gemma yelled.

"Yes I hear him perfectly clear. He is right. You must leave, for the safety of you and my grandbabies." her mother said. Gemma started to cry. She was 100% family-orienated, so just leaving wil be very hard.

"B-But, if I leave. We may not see you again!" Gemma said starting to cry. Her father and mother hugged her.

"You will see us again. Maybe not after this conservation, but we'll be right with you until the end. Please, leave from here. I dont know where you'll go, but far from here. Stettin is not safe anymore. " Her father said. Her mother nodded.

Gemma was going to talk back, but her mother raised her hand. Knowing she was defeated, she had to go. She grabbed the kids, and begin packing their stuff with her parents helping.

"Where are we going momma?" Acacia asked.

"Were going to this wonderful place! It is summer so why not we travel some? We can go wherever you and your brother want!" Gemma said.

"Really!? Can we go to Berlin!? I always wanted to see what it looked like!" Iris said.

"Mee too!" Acacia said. They were neck and neck. Nothing could split the siblings up.

"Sure! Anything for my little darlings." Gemma said calmly.

"Can gran gran, and pop pop come?" Iris asked.

"No, they want to sleep in. They would love to come with us, but they're super tired." Gemma told them.

"Please!? Come with us! Stop being old!" Acacia said. Everybody just laughed.

"With age, comes popping bones. We are sitting this one out. Maybe next time." the mother said.

"Fine. But promise us." Iris said.

"We promise we will go next time! Jeez, lay off the old man." the father laughed.

Everything was packed, and was ready to go. It was night time, so the kids would get some sleep. Gemma felt soo guilty for lying to ger children. It really hurted her heart, but it's for the safety of her kids. Her father and mother never told her anything wrong. Before Gemma and the kids went off, her mother called her back.

"I want you to have this. It's my mother's special star. She crafted it herself." her mother told her. Her father was beside her, having tears in his eyes.

"I'll miss you." her father said hugging her.

"I'll miss you too. We all will. I must be going now." I told him departing from the hug.

"Have fun!" my mother yelled to us.

Gemma, Iris, and Acacia soon started to walk to the train station in the night. Gemma only thought was how she was going to tell them why we was going to Berlin, permanently.

"Goodbye Stettin. Goodbye father. Goodbye Mother. You'll always be in our hearts forever." Gemma wispered to herself.

"Off to Berlin!" Iris yelled. Gemma and Acacia laughed.

"Aye Aye captian!" Gemma yelled playfully.

If only she knew, Berlin would be the worst choice of their lives...