Explanations and Resolutions

Chapter 15

Michael was telling everyone what happened while they were gone.

“My question is; Why the hell would you leave her alone.” He asks, looking mainly at Ashton.

“We had no other choice. We needed every person we could get.” Ashton explains.

“I can see that.” Michael says, glaring at Alex and Jack.

I was sitting beside Luke’s sleeping form. He looked so peaceful as he slept, I wonder why he had passed out.

“You know that you are no longer a Fallen Angel, right?” Alex mentions, studying his nails.

“I figured as much. I haven’t gotten to figuring out what I am though.” Michael explains.

“Seriously, are you that dumb?” Jack asks, raising an eyebrow at Michael.

Michael just glares at him.

“You’re a demon. I don’t know how it’s possible, but somehow you’ve been brought back to life as a demon.” Alex explains, the annoyance obvious in his voice.

There was a slight gasp from everyone in the room, except me. I didn’t see how this changed anything, he wasn’t evil. At least he’s alive.

“What could have brought him back like this?” Mali asks Alex.

“Witches, perhaps. I don’t know why they would want to bring him back.” Alex suggests, smirking.

“Fuck off, Alex. Unlike you, people actually like me enough to bring me back from the dead.” Michael sasses.

“We don’t have to sit through this. We helped you Ashton, now we must bid you a farewell.” Jack exclaims, taking Alex by the hand.

They disappear in a burst of light, which in turn wakes Luke up from his slumber.

“What happened? When did we get home?” Luke asks, wiping his eyes.

Luke’s mum rushes to his side.

“You passed out at the warehouse and Ashton carried you in. Do you feel better?” She rambles.

“I’m fine. Am I still dreaming or is that Michael?” He asks, his eyes widening.

“You’re not dreaming, all this sexiness is real and better than ever.” Michael says, smirking.

Luke rolls his eyes, smiling.

“How are you still alive. I saw your body.” Luke says in disbelief.

Michael retells the story for the second time, adding in the part about him being a demon.

“So, we think witches brought Michael back, but why?” Luke asks, now sitting up.

“We have no idea.” Michael says, “So did you guys kill all the demons in that warehouse?”

“Yeah, we’re pretty sure that we did.” Ashton says, smiling in accomplishment.

“That’s amazing.”Michael exclaims.

“Oh, and I’m sorry for accusing you of working with them.” Ashton admits.

“It’s fine man, you had no idea. You just thought you were doing what was right.” Michael says, blowing it off.

Ashton smiles and for the first time since I had gotten here, everything seemed okay.

***************************************

I was laying in Luke’s bed, it was almost two o’clock and everyone was settling down. Except Luke and Michael, who couldn’t sleep. They were downstairs, most likely just watching T.V and talking. I’d been laying in for the last hour, any attempt to fall asleep had failed miserably.

I finally crawl out of bed and walk downstairs. Michael and Luke are laughing at something on the couch. They’re laughter dies down once they see me.

“What’s wrong?” Luke asks, concern crossing his face.

“Nothing, it’s just that I can’t sleep.” I tell them, sitting in between the two of them.

“Neither can I.” Michael comments.

I give him a look, then something crosses my mind.

“Luke, if you said you couldn’t sleep, then why were you sleeping earlier?” I ask him.

He laughs, “I don’t know actually. Exhaustion maybe, I was using my powers a lot before I passed out.”

“That explains a lot. How did your first sleep feel?” Michael asks, reaching over me to poke Luke in the side.

“It didn’t feel like anything really.” He shrugs.

“You didn’t have any dreams?” I ask, glancing up at him.

“Not really.” He answers, casually throwing his arm over my shoulder.

“You two are adorable.” Michael comments. Luke cuts him a glare and I giggle.

“Shut up and watch T.V.” Luke insists, motioning to the the T.V.

Adventure Time was on, and I cuddled into Luke’s chest to watch it. I hear Michael giggle and Luke reaches over me to slap him in the head.

“Ow, jerk.” Michael pouts.

Luke just rolls his eyes and turns his attention back to the show. It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep in Luke’s arms.