03

"Oh, Jimin, I'm sorry I didn't know you-"

Ara looked from the woman – Seolhyun – and then back at Jimin.

"I'll - uh - get going," she let out, sensing the tense atmosphere.

Jimin nodded slowly, turning to her, "Okay, I'll see you later."

She smiled as a reply and then turned back to the door, bowing at Seolhyun before walking back to her house. Even if he didn't tell her, she already knew who she was.

--

"What are you- What happened?" Jimin asked, scanning Seolhyun up and down.

Her body was shaking, as she shuffled forward, "J-Jimin."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Tears were brimming her eyes as she looked up at him, "It's Minjae," she sniffed.

He let out a deep sigh, trying his best not to roll his eyes. Of course it was Minjae. It was always Minjae.

"What did he do this time?"

"He cheated on me," the tears fell, "Again."

"Come in," he stepped aside, running into his bedroom and bringing out a towel from the closet.

Walking up to her, he wrapped it around her and pulled her onto the couch.

"I hope you don't mind I asked Taehyung for your address," she said and Jimin internally cursed his best friend's weak heart.

"Are you sure Minjae did that?" he asked.

"I saw her," she hiccupped, "I saw her getting out of his car."

He bit his lip, "What if-"

"I saw them kissing, just before that."

Jimin couldn't help but shut his eyes. What was he going to say now?

"I can't believe," her steady tears turned into wailing, "That after all these promises, he would just-"

He pulled her into his arms, letting her cry on his shoulder. This was what he had to go through for the past three years, and it was also one of the reasons he had moved house. Whenever she was having a problem with her boyfriend, he was the one she would turn to, despite their past relationship. He did love her, they did used to be in love, it was the kind of love everyone thought was going to turn into marriage. But she had different plans.

"It's okay, Seolhyun," he whispered, "It's going to be okay."

For him, it was weird holding her in his arms again. She was familiar yet unfamiliar. He didn't like the way he knew how to touch her, how to console her, how to make her feel better. He didn't like how after all these years of him hating her for what she repeatedly did to him, it seemed as if there was nothing wrong between them.