12

Another couple of days passed then, Min Hee was always the one picking Eunji up from school

Another couple of days passed then, Min Hee was always the one picking Eunji up from school. Ara didn't want to admit it, but she was definitely disappointed.

She wasn't ready to forgive, that was for sure. But she wanted to see him.

"I'm sorry he hasn't come yet," Min Hee had said that last day, "He's been held up at work every day and he just hasn't had time-"

"It's fine," Ara shook her head, "He can do whatever he wants with his time."

"I know but-"

"Min Hee!" a small voice chirped and the two women looked down to see Eunji reach up for a hug.

"My little angel!" Jimin's cousin exclaimed, crouching down and pulling her into her arms, "How are you?"

"Awesome!" the young one declared, "I'm so ready to go home and watch Moana with daddy again tonight!"

Ara bowed then, deciding to take her leave. The thought of that man would continue to pull at her heart no matter how much she tried to remain calm.

She missed him, sure.

But was she more mad that he hadn't seemed to make any attempt at making things right?

--

It was evening again and Ara was on her fifth episode of The Good Place, waiting on her food to be delivered. She'd ordered takeout that day, not feeling up to cooking for herself.

When the doorbell rang, she paused the show and reached for the door handle.

But when she opened it, the familiar chocolate mane that caught her eyes then was not what she had been expecting.

Rolling her eyes, she immediately went to close the door again but this time he reached out her hand to stop her.

"Ara, I'm sorry," he began, she clutched onto the handle tighter, "I know you don't want to hear this from me but I really was out of line when I spoke that way to you earlier."

She didn't say anything.

"I was a jerk and I said things I didn't mean, I was so wrong for it all, none of it was your fault and yet I just put it all on you, I'm sorry."

Ara nodded, "Thank you, Jimin."

"I'm sorry," he whispered again, biting his lip, "I hate myself for putting you through everything I did. You don't deserve any of it."

"I'm really grateful for your apology, Jimin," Ara started but let her gaze fall to the ground, "I just hope you can understand, I need a little more time."

"Yeah," he shuffled in his spot, "Of course."

"Thank you Jimin. Please look after yourself, okay?"

--

It had been a couple weeks since Ara had spoken to Jimin, she always found an excuse to busy herself outside when Jimin came to pick Eunji up, and she wasn't picking up his calls or replying to his texts.