Chapter 2

Mary Clark's POV:

Mr. Hastings stood in front of the stained, red carpet, glaring at me. There were beer bottles scattered all over the house- in couches, on tables, and littered across the no longer white carpet. He'd been drinking again. His hand came down onto my head, pulling up my hair.

"Where." He slurred through gritted teeth. "The hell were you?" He through me against the wall.

"Please." I said. "I have homework, dad." I didn't really have homework. He came stomping over to me, His big hands grabbed me and pinned me against the wall.

"Your mother isn't home yet. Where is she?" I stayed silent. "Aha! So you walked here all on your own?" I nodded, And vigorously plied his hands off my shoulders.

"I have homework!" I snapped at him.

"DONT YOU BITCH AT ME, YOUNG LADY!" Before he could do anything, I was already running towards my room. It was the only safe place, considering it had a lock. Trying to dodge every bottle on the floor, I grabbed one, and threw at my father. I looked back to see if I hit him, when I felt a sharp sting in my foot. I felt liquid under my toes and on my heels. It burned, oh it burned! But I had to get to my room. Finally there, I slammed the door and locked it. I collapsed on my bed.

Deciding to see what had hurt my foot, I lifted it and propped it onto a pillow. I thought I had only stepped on a bottle. I didn't know the glass had gone straight through the bottom of my heel and was sticking out on the top, gushing blood.

Sams POV:

I drove back towards the o2l house. For some reason, we all had our own cars. We lived in the same house, couldn't we have at least gotton rid of 4? The house was pretty big, and we had one extra room. It wasn't extra, exactly, but we thought Emma, Kian's girlfriend, (and new member of o2l) had a big enough room. She willingly agreed to share. After a 2 hour discussion, we decided to give that room to Mary Clark. We all knew about her "daddy problems", and thought this would help her. I heard ring! ring! ring! And picked up my phone. It was Mary Clark.

" Sam" she trembled "I cut my foot. Badly. Really really REALLY bad-"

"Wait! What?"

"I c-cut my foot on a p-piece of glass." She sniffled through sobs.

"Okay... Um... I'm coming to get you! Don't worry! Are you alone?"

"Wait! Sam! Don't go through the fro-" the call disconnected. I quickly made a sloppy u-turn and headed back to the Hastings house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is like a REALLY crappy chapter but I'm going to the lake in like 5 minutes... So please let me come back to nice comments and a lot of likes ¿