Chapter 7

Sorry it took so long for me to upload this chapter. I was trying to finish up with school and everything then looking and deciding on what colleges I like came in to play. I never had the time to just sit down and finish this chapter off, all of that was just stressful. We'll just have to see how it goes, lol, but I'll try my best to keep on top of this book though. Now on to Chapter 7.
———————————————————————————————————————

When the girls make it to their driveway the rain had stopped. Once they reached their doorstep, Alex reaches into her bag and pulls out her house key to unlock the door. The taller girl slowly opens the door and begins to walk into the house. She turns to Kara and signals her to be quiet. Kara mouths "ok" while making an "ok" hand gesture.

The young blonde closes the door softly while the older brunette makes sure she does. When the girls hear the door click shut, the sisters let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. Once they turned around, they came face to face with their parents.

"AHH," Kara yells as she jumps back.

Alex clears her throat, "Hi," She says in a high pitched voice while Kara stands their fiddling with her fingers awkwardly.

Eliza and Jeremiah glanced at each other then looked back at the girls. Eliza takes a deep breath.

"I want you both...to go upstairs, get dried, and then get changed. Once you both are finished, meet me and your father in the living room." The older woman says in a scary calm voice. After that was said, Eliza walks away. Jeremiah gives the girls a unreadable look then follows Eliza, leaving the girls dripping in the doorway.

"And when you're finished dry my floor!" The Queen of the household yells

Kara looks at Alex, " I mean we only missed a-a couple hours of school." She shrugs with her hands and shoulders.

Alex sighs, "yeeeeeah. The rest of today is gonna be looooong." Kara groans and beings to head for the stairs, Alex follows suit. As they are walking towards the stairs, every step they take it is followed by the squishing sound of their wet clothes.
————————————————————————————————————

The girls went upstairs to take a shower and get changed, Kara was the first one to one down stairs. She threw on some blue sweatpants, a white v-neck shirt and a maroon sweater. The younger girl walks into the kitchen to a grab bottle of water. She could hear Eliza and Jeremiah quietly talking in the living room. She slowly walks in and then knocks on the entry way wall getting their attention. The couple stops their conversation when they notice her.

"Kara, come have a seat." Jeremiah tells her. "We're still waiting on Alex."

"Where is she? Alex! Alexandra!" Eliza yells out.

————————————————————————————————————

Alex is upstairs putting on her clothes when she hears her mom calling her from downstairs.

"Alex! Alexandra!" The brunette sighs and scratches the back of her head. She knows I hate being called that.

Alex walks to her door and opens it, "I'm coming just give me a minute!" She closes her door then walks over to her bed. She puts on a light gray shirt with a pair of black sweatpants. On her way out of her room, she grabs her dark grey sweater and puts it on. She opens her door then walks out.

As the brown eyed girl is making her way downstairs, the door bell rings, "I've got it." She says

She opens the door and comes face to face with the one and only, Maggie Sawyer.