Wonderwall (JeDean)

Wonderwall: (noun)

The person of which you have a total infactuation with; a person with an indescribable aura, making them seem so perfect, almost intangible.
The person that you feel could be the one to "save you" from whatever unhappiness or emptiness you feel;
the person you feel that could save you: your soulmate.

-----

D E A N N A

RIZAL PARK, MANILA; a little over 1990's

"Ilang taon na po kayo?"

The question made my stomach turn. I hate that question, I really want to answer, "I don't know, I stopped counting after the first decade."
But of course I can't answer it that way.

"I'm 20." I answered.

The little girl who looked barely five years old just looked at me in awe.

"You're so taaaaalllllll. I wish I could be as tall as you are." The girl happily exclaimed.

I just smiled awkwardly and walked away. I don't even know how old I am. I stopped growing old at the age of 20. If it wasn't for that stupid mistake I did decades ago, I could've been a happy old ghoul right at this moment, but here I am, having a slight taste of immortality; unless I find the cure i'll be roaming this world for who knows how long.

Decades ago... people are much smaller than they are now, I don't even know how I grew to be this tall. Maybe it was the only thing that changed while my face didn't it adapted to the changing height people had overtime.

I closed my eyes as the day that changed my life flashed before my eyes.

"Pierre! Trust me! That woman isn't good for you!"

I said, trying to convince my bestfriend slash business partner.

"Not good for me?! Is this the reason why you set me up with Micaela?!"

He angrily punched the table making everything on top of it wobble

"Yes! That woman is the talk of this place! She's a witch!"

Pierre looked at me as if I were insane, but it is true, the woman is the talk of the town, and getting married to that woman would be insane and bad for business.

"I don't care, Izabella! Don't even dare call her a witch! She has a name and it's Gabriella just in case you don't know and I will marry her! Bad for business or not! I love her, she's the only one I want to be with! Do you know how hard it is to find someone whom you'd love and make you more complete than you already are?! Of course not! Because if you knew you wouldn't be such a heartless bitch!"

I was taken aback but it was too late to turnback now.

"Micaela is pregnant, and we both know that you are the father."

Pierre's mouth was agape. And before he could form another sentence I started talking.

"Two days after the drunken mistake, Micaela showed signs of pregnancy. But of course we don't just jump into conclusions. A week later we came to see Doctor Willis. And she was in fact, pregnant. Don't even dare to deny it."

It was as if life was taken away from Pierre.

"This can't be... it was just once and I was drunk. This is your fault! If you didn't set me up this wouldn't happen! I'm leaving. I'm taking Gabriella with me."