3. [I need you: Donnie]

Based on NKOTB's song "I need you" (:

This might seem new but this will be written in his pov.

~His POV~

"Oh my gosh Donnie," she said in between sobs while I watched her cry over her pathetic ex-boyfriend. She had been crying nearly all day, I found her crying on the swing set near the park where I lived. Her Ex-boyfriend had just broken up with her for the stupidest reason, he cheated on her claiming that y/n was too boring. In my eyes, she was far from that, it was this idiot who didn't know how to treat a real girl. "Aww y/n please stop crying, I don't like to see you cry"I softly said to her as I took a seat in the swing next to her. She shook her head and tried to wipe her tears away. "I tried to give him the best of me but I guess that wasn't enough" She added to which I begged to differ. "No what you give was enough, more than enough, don't ever think that what you have to offer is not enough". She turned to me with slightly swollen lips and semi-blood shot eyes. A small but forced smile appeared on her face. "Thanks, Donnie," she said to me. "No problem sweetheart," I said to her and smiled brightly. It was almost time for sunset and the park seemed like it was somewhat empty so I suggested that we'd take a walk. She agreed. I helped her up to her feet and we began our stroll around the perimeter of the park."Aren't you suppose to be home already?" she asked me to which I gave her a "really?" look considering that she was here all alone as it was nearing sundown. "No I think I got an hour or so and then I'm driving you home" I responded giving her a playful stern look making her chuckle. "Okay okay," she accepted and smiled. The truth is I've been in love with y/n for quite some time now. You know the kind of love that makes even a bad boy from Boston heartbeat. I grow soft and warm when I'm with her. I can't help it. Everything about her caused me to become a nervous wreck. Like a middle school boy falling for his everlasting crush. Only Danny knew this as the rest of the guys seemed to be too busy to even notice. Danny could read me like a book and he'd often tease me about my crush on y/n. I'm a natural flirt but Danny says that he notices that I'm more than a flirt when I'm around y/n. I get all giggly and my eyes seem to soften more. Y/n always saw me as that soft Donnie, she assumed that I was always like that but little did she know that I was only like that when I was with her. " Don't you have studio session time with the guys?" she asked me as we walked side by side. "Are you trying to get rid of me?" I teased. "No" she says and chuckles. "It's just you must have other things to do and yet here you are dealing with my issues," she tells me. " Hey, you're not alone on this, or actually you're not alone on anything. As long as I'm here, you can come to me for anything. I thought we established this already" I said to her and kissed her cheek.

We eventually left the park about 40 minutes later as it got way too cold and we both were not dressed appropriately for the weather. She thanked me as I dropped her off in front of her house and gave me a friendly hug. I made sure that she was safe and sound inside before I drove my motorcycle away. When I got home, Danny was waiting for me in the living room as usual since we had studio session the next day and we needed to practice our vocals and some of our dancing. "Hey what took you so long?" he asked me as a smirk appeared on his face. "If you already know why are you asking" I respond making him chuckle. "Yeah I heard everything about the breakup, it was very rude of him to do that" Danny said to me to which I second that.

We went into my backyard to which my mom assured me that we wouldn't be interrupted. "When are you going to tell her how you really feel Donnie?" Danny asked me as we got to set up everything we needed. "I don't know Danny, I don't know if it's the right time" I responded while shaking my head. " Her heart just got broken, or better yet maybe not yet if you offer yours," he told me to which I took into consideration for a moment. " What if she gets offended?" I asked him to which made him chuckle. "Why would she get offended?" he questioned. "Idk because she'd think I'd be having some sort of pity on her," I say unsure of my response. "Wahlberg you think too much, what happened to Donnie the one who's a natural flirt and can kiss girls on cheeks without hesitation?" he tells me. " That Donnie disappears when y/n is around" I answer. "No doubt about that" he teases earning a death stare from me.