Chapter One: Last Day of Summer Break

~~~The Author's Note: Hi and welcome to the first chapter of this book! Please be sure to vote if you liked it, comment to tell me your opinion of the book, and share! Enjoy!~~~

Scarlet's POV:

It was a hot summer day. I was out in the forest, Sarah was taking me out on a ride since it is the last day of summer break and she will be going into eighth grade, so she wants to enjoy the day only with me. I gallop down a small hill then gallop down, my hooves were beating hard and they were getting slower every minute. I was getting tired. We reached a lake where me and Sarah like to come to when we want some alone time. Sarah pulls my reins to stop me, "Good girl, Scarlet," she says, "Let's hang here for a while."

Sarah hops off my back. She then takes off my saddle and places on a log, I then walk over to the lake and drink some water. After a few big sips of the cold water, I turn around and walk to Sarah who was sitting on the log she put my saddle on. She was looking at pictures on her phone, but I don't know what pictures she was looking at. I didn't care so I laid down and relaxed, hearing the birds chirp and the leaves rustling in the wind.

---

Aztec's POV:

I stomped my hooves desperately in my stall. "Where is he?" I said, lowly. It was almost twelve in the morning and Bailey still hasn't come to the barn to see me!

"He probably slept in," Jimber says. Me and Jimber were the only one's in our stalls waiting for our riders to come. "It is his last day of summer break."

"I know but I wanna get out in the pasture to gallop and be free," I whinny.

Jimber nickers back at me saying, "Just be patient and he'll come."

After half an hour, Bailey still hasn't come to the barn.

"That's it," I say, "I'm breaking out." I kick my stall door to try to make it break open.

"Don't do that, Aztec!" Jimber shouts.

Then, I hear a loud whinny and galloping hoof beats coming from outside the barn. The galloping hoof beats get slower and then sound like trotting. The barn door was open, Scarlet and Sarah trot inside the barn and I then pretend nothing happened. Jimber looks at me like: 'How did he get so calm?'

I had been acting like this for over two weeks now when I'm next to Scarlet and I don't know why...