Chapter Six: Battle!

Summary: Ace was eaves-dropping on Scarlet and Aztec's conversation and gets really angry...

Scarlet's POV:

I was right..?! He was in love with me. It's why he's been so strange!

I stare into Aztec's dark blue eyes, I could see his nervousness in his face...

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to break his heart... but I wouldn't want to break Ace's heart, either... I don't even think I have feelings for him...

I think.

Aztec flips his forelock out of his eyes, making my heart flutter.

Wait, what?

My heart just fluttered.

My thoughts were interrupted by Ace, "This stallion causing any trouble?" He said as he trotted to my side.

I looked at Ace, then looked back at Aztec.

"Look, Scarlet," Aztec started, "I just wanted to let you know... it's the real reason as to why I've been acting so strange. Sorry I lied when you asked me.."

I felt so bad.

I turned my gaze to Ace then turned it back to Aztec once again.

I was confused... I didn't know what to say, or do, or anything! I hate having to make someone feel bad...

As I turned my eyes to Ace one last time, I saw him glaring at Aztec. Ace snarls, wanting to fight Aztec.

"No, Ace, don't-"

Before I could say anything, Ace charged at Aztec, throwing him on the ground, whinnying in pain.

"NO!" I yelled and galloped in front of Ace, "He doesn't want to fight. Right, Aztec?"

Aztec's POV:

I passed-out for a few seconds. I regained consciousness, everything seemed a little blurry, and my head was ringing a bit... but it all went away in a few seconds. I stood up, in pain. I didn't know Ace was so... powerful.

"You wanna fight?" Ace growled.

"Ace, don't." Scarlet tried to stay in front of Ace, preventing him from getting to me, but the stallion slightly pushed Scarlet out of the way and walked to me. He snorted, trying to intimidate me.

I shaked my head, "No, Ace," I said, lowly, "I don't want to fight. I wouldn't fight a stallion for a mare that's not in love with me, okay? All I wanted to do was confess. Not steal her away from you." I looked over to Scarlet, "No matter how pretty she is..."

Scarlet stared at me, speechless. She opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it.

"Well, then, leave!" Ace snarled.

My legs felt a bit wobbly, but I turned around a walked away, slightly limping a bit...

At least I told her...