Chapter Three: The Problems Start

Summary: When the new horses arrive at Horseland, problems start for the horses living there.

Aztec's POV:

I was out in the pasture, grazing. I was irritated from two things - one, the neighing of Ace trying to break out, and two, how Bailey hasn't taken me out on a ride yet.

I snorted and raised my head as I turned my gaze to Scarlet, grazing peacefully, swishing her tail from the flies and mosquitoes.

What if I... go talk to her..? No, I can't...

My thoughts were intterupted as I averted my eyes form Scarlet and looked at Will who was bringing Ace into the pasture. As soon as Will unclipped the lead rope from his halter, the stallion galloped as fast as he could around the pasture. He was actually pretty fast.

The stallion zoomed past me and left a trail of dust, making me sneeze. I snorted and watched him as he slowly picked up a trot and trotted over to Scarlet. He began talking to her, and soon, started to make her laugh with his jokes. Anger flashed through my eyes as I glared at him, I wanted to fight him and hurt him bad. But me and Scarlet aren't together, anyway... so why would I fight him?

Maybe I should've talked to her when I had the chance...

Scarlet's POV:

I laughed at one of Ace's jokes. He's really funny! He didn't look like a funny stallion when I first saw him!

"Hey," Ace began, "do you have a... I don't know, a mate?"

I was a bit surprised at the question he just asked... would he be interested in me..? He can't be. We just met...

"Uh, no, I-I don't have a mate," I responded.

"Really? I'm surprised nobody has taken you yet, you are a beautiful mare," he stated.

When he said that, I felt like I had a bunch of butterflies in my stomach. I felt my face heat up a bit, good thing I have fur and that me blushing doesn't show.

"T-Thanks..." I smiled a bit. Am I falling in love with him?

No.

I can't be...

Oh, I can't deny it, I am falling in love with him! And so is he!