News is Out

Marinette/Ladybug

-
I fidgeted with my hair in the mirror. Tikki emerged from my purse. "You look great, Marinette." I smiled. "Thanks, Tikki. I hope he hasn't changed his mind." I thought back to last night. It seemed too good to be true. Maybe it was a dream, because things like that never happen to me.

Tikki flew in front of me. "I know you think it was a dream, but if I remember it, you couldn't have been dreaming." I smiled. "Ready?" She nodded and flew back into my purse. I puffed my bangs one more time before grabbing my school bag and heading downstairs. I quickly ate a banana and rushed to the bakery to kiss my parents goodbye.

Elated, I ran across the street to school. Just as I got there, a silver car pulled up. Adrien, my Adrien, exited. He looked around until he saw me. He grinned and I ran towards him. He pulled me in for a long hug before giving me a quick kiss.

"How did you sleep, m'lady?"

"After last night, it was nearly impossible to." We shared a laugh until Alya walked around the corner with Nino. She looked shocked and whispered something to him. I winked and gave her a thumbs up. That was all she needed, because she walked into the building with Nino, probably spilling to him what our secret language meant.

-

Chat Noir/Adrien

-

I had Marinette under my arm and she leaned into my shoulder. We began walking up the steps before- "Adrikins!" I groaned as we spun around. There stood a raging Chloe Bourgeois almost running up the steps toward us. "Adrien Agreste, what are you doing with your arm around Marinette?" She demanded. "Am I not allowed to?" She hesitated. "Why her?"

"Well, she's smart, beautiful, witty, kind, and righteous. I have every reason to have my arm around her. I like her Chloe," I said, looking into her ice-blue eyes. "Which means I don't like you like I like Marinette. You're a friend. She's more." I felt Marinette's shoulders shaking. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye to see her beet red, but also trying to contain laughter. "See you in class, Chloe."

We turned around and began walking to Ms. Bustier's room. "Did you mean it?" Marinette asked. "Mean what?"

"You know, all those things you said about me?" I looked in her eyes. "Would I lie to you, bugaboo?" She giggled. "Of course not, kitty."

I opened the door for her, and Marinette walked up to Alya and began talking very animatedly with her. I sat next to Nino. "So, you got Marinette, huh?" I nodded. "Yep."

"She's not just a friend, anymore?" I gave his shoulder a light push. "No."

A dejected Chloe and a nervous Sabrina sauntered through the door and to the seat beside Nino and I. I smiled and I heard Marinette's silent giggle from behind me.