Chapter One

Chapter One

Its fucking freezing, Alli thought to herself as the wind passed throughFor her, she should have been used to this type of weather, since she’s been experiencing it for 16 years. In this world, the landscapes altered every week in a cycle – Polar Regions, Mountainous, Forested, Desert and Temperate.

 The snow crunched beneath Alli’s feet as she made her way through the forest. The forest was eerily quiet, and Alli knew this. As she herself, has been sneaking up to this forest ever since she the age of 6. It was then that the sight hit her.

 Dead birds.  

There was about a flock of them, 12 maybe. Alli crouched down and stroked a bird. The feathers tickled under her soft touch. It was then that it happened.

“Agh!” Alli screamed and fell backwards. Ever so swiftly, the bird soared up through the air and went out of sight. The wind had stopped, and the snow disappeared.

No, that bird was dead. That’s couldn’t have possibly happened.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Zac! Open your door already!” Alli started knocking at a fast pace. The door creaked open to reveal Peter, Zac’s younger brother. Both brothers looked the exact same, both equally attractive as each other.

“I’m guessing you want Zac, right?”Peter asked, his big blue eyes gazing towards her. Alli nodded, “Zac! Alli is here to see you!” Peter bellowed.

Zac, who appeared to have just woken up came to the front door. He pulled a hand through his dirty blonde hair.

“What do you want?” Zac replied, yawning. Alli had always found him attractive; his light blue eyes were constantly glistening with his muscles visible underneath his ragged shirt. They’d known each other ever since they were born. They were unseparable, as the other villagers had always said. However, they were much better off as friends. They have been through everything together.

 “So?” Zac asked impatiently.

“It happened. Again. Except this time, it was different.” Alli responded nervously, wiping her sweaty palms on her thighs. He was the only one who knew her secret. The only one. Zac’s eyes bulged out of his head and he pulled her inside his old shack.

*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

“Wait, you made a bird come to life? Are you sure it wasn’t dead?” Zac asked for what had to be the tenth time.

Alli shook her head, “No. It was dead, I couldn’t believe it at first either, not until the wind and snow stopped. This has never happened before, why now when the Gathering is happening so soon?” She was frustrated. Out of all times, her powers were changing.

The Gathering is going to happen soon, Alli thought and almost vomited inside her mouth.

Alli retold the story to him again, much to her dismay. “Don’t tell anyone,” Zac warned Alli, “you’re different and no one should know. Especially now of all times. Not with the administrators coming for the Gathering. ”

I won’t tell anyone else. Not ever.

A/N: Seriously, this chapter took ages. I didn’t know how to start the story at all, haha. First of all, these chapters are going to be taken in turns, so expect them to take a long time. The casting for the main characters is below; I personally imagine our characters to be played by these actors.

Casting:

Alli – Lily Collins

Zac – Jake Abel

Also, we’re both looking for someone to create a book cover! We are probably the world’s most unimaginative people, so a new book cover would be great (Considering the cover is horrible as it is as I made it). Best one wins a dedication and a promotion maybe? I don’t know, haha.

It would really mean a lot to the both of us, if you guys helped promote this story somehow?

Please vote and comment too!