Chapter 4: Meet Up and Practice

Haley's Circus
Monday, August 6, 2018
6:58pm

Dick Grayson POV

I drove my car to the parking lot of Haley's Circus. I parked my car and I turned off the engine and took of my seatbelt. I grab my phone and keys then I got out of the car.

I walked inside and I see nobody was around and I closed the door behind me.

'I guess she left it opened for me.' I thought, happily.

I walked around and I see a tightrope already set and the bars set. I looked around to see if anyone was here.

"Hello?" I called out. "Anyone here?"

I sigh and I waited for a couple a seconds and I slowly started walking away back to the car.

"I didn't think you were gonna show up."

I turn around and I see Y/n standing there, with her arms crossed and leaning against the wall, smiling and wearing her costume from earlier.

"Oh hey. I just came here because you asked me to." I smiled at her, walking towards her.

"Oh, did I?" She joked. "I'm playing, I did. I was thinking you know, since we are both acrobats, I was thinking maybe the both of us could practice with some new tricks."

"That sounds cool. Should I put on my costume or-" She cut me off.

"Nah, you fine. You could just take off your sweater." She said, walking to the bleachers and going through her bag.

I slowly started unzipping my sweater and taking it off. I put my sweater next to her bag and she smiled.

"So, shall we get started?" She asked me.

"Yes, absolutely." I smiled

She hummed and we walked to the bar that was set. She grabs the bar and she looks at me.

"Okay. So, I have heard you are one of the most amazing acrobats that has ever known. Correct?" She commented.

"Yes. That was what Mat said earlier." I smirked.

"Okay. Show me what you got." Y/n said, handing me the bar. "Don't worry. You can pull yourself up."

Y/n joked and back up away from me. I chuckled and I jumped up with the bar and swing myself from bar to bar. I did a flip and I landed all the at the top. I looked down to see Y/n but she wasn't there.

"Y/n?" I called her.

There was no answer.

"Y/n!" I yelled out for her.

"Relax, Grayson."

I looked across and I see Y/n at the other side. She smiled at me and with her arms crossed.

"You thought I left?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"What? No. I thought....you went...to the....a-"

"It's fine. What kind of girl would I be if I left a handsome gentleman like you?" Y/n smiled, getting her bar ready.

I blushed and I started getting my bar ready. Y/n looks at me and responded.

"Okay. You ready?" She asked me.

"Yes!" I nodded and giving her the thumbs up.

"Alright. 1, 2, 3!" Y/n yelled, and she jumped off.

I jumped after her and we both flipped and I grabbed her bar and she grabbed mine and landed at the other side. I looked back at her and she went again and she used her legs for support on the bar and I did the same. We met each other in the middle and I grabbed her hands and she released her legs from the bar and we went back to where I started. She landed and I landed after her. We looked at each other and smiled.

"Wow. For a guy who loves doing flips and being high up here, you sure as amazing as one heck of an acrobat." Y/n commented.

"Thanks. I have been here since I was younger." I said, climbing down.

"Well, I do love seeing you every time you show up during Haley's Circus at the time you were younger." Y/n said, climbing down after me.

I jumped down and Y/n jumped down after me.

"Well, you seemed a very amazing acrobat. How long have been...you know...that good." I said, shrugging.

"I've been doing acrobat skills since I was 7. I started doing gymnast since I was 14 and that was when I became an athlete. Btw, you think I'm that good?" She asked me.

"Yes. But you're amazing as I am." I smirked.

"Of course I am." Y/n smiled.

"So, what now?" I asked her.

"We could practice some more if you like." Y/n suggested.

"Sure." I nodded.

We started practicing some more of our skills for tomorrow night and we decided on taking a break. We were at the bleachers just talking and laughing.

'She sounds adorable when she laughs.' I thought

She checks her phone and groaned.

"Gosh darn it." She said, still looking at her phone.

"What happened?" I asked her.

She looks at me and responded.

"My sister wants me to be home." Y/n sighs. "I'm sorry she had to ruin it for us."

"No, it's fine. I gotta get going to anyways so." I shrugged.

"Okay." She said

We stand up from the bleachers and we started getting our stuff ready to leave.

"Your dressing room to open if you want to get your stuff." She reminded me.

"Nah, I'll get it tomorrow." I said. "I'll just go lock it."

"Okay." Y/n smiled, grabbing her bag and swinging it over her shoulder and started walking away. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye. Wait!"

She turns around to look at me.

"Can I have your phone number?" I asked her.

"Sure." Y/n said

I smiled and Y/n takes out a piece of paper and pen. She starts writing her number down and hands it to me.

"There you go. Call me sometime." Y/n smirked, and walks away.

I smiled and I put the piece of paper in my back pocket. I walked back to dressing room and I locked the door. I started walking back to my car and drove back to my penthouse.