Venom

"Not surprised to see you here again, Lopez!" Lauren heard the familiar voice of Joey Richter say in her ear.

"If you're going to stalk me, Richter, at least be man enough to pay for my drinks." Lauren replied, spinning in her seat to face the tall pale man who she was probably too comfortable around.

"I'm the one stalking?" Joey asked her, flashing her a small enough smile to show off his fangs. "You do recall what time it is, correct? If anyone is stalking it's you! Only coming here at night. It's almost as if you want to run into me."

Lauren snorted and rolled her eyes at the man beside her. This was all too familiar a dance that the two of them did. It started back freshman year, no one was too fond of either of them given their families dark history. They had others, of course, who where in the same boat, but Lauren and Joey still always felt slightly excluded from the rest of the group.

The group wasn't too hard to create, in reality. Sure most of their parents would be disgusted with the fact that their babies were hanging out with a witch, or a vampire, or a fairy. Lauren's parents would be mortified if they knew that one of their baby girls best friends was a metamorphmagus, but it's not like they were alive for her to tell them anyway. She definitely would never tell them she was hanging out with Joey Richter, thats for damn sure.

"I did want to run into you." Lauren said after a long while of silence. She saw Joey jump out of the corner of her eye and wanted to scold him for letting his guard down so easily. Letting your guard down is not something she and her friends had the privilege to do.

"Oh? Finally want me to bite that pretty neck of yours?" Joey replied, grabbing her arm, and pulling her in closer to him.

Lauren did a quick and silent spell to make her nose bleed to tease Joey, and pulled herself out of his grip. "Not here." She said, letting the blood run down her face.

Lauren watched Joey breathe in, and knew this was killing him. Witch blood was apparently the best tasting blood, especially when it was "pure" as Laurens was and as she had been reminded her entire life. It was rare for a vampire to get to have pure witch blood. It was expensive, not that Joeys family wouldn't be able to afford it, and it was forbidden to bite other Supernatural Beings.

Lauren took one final swig of her drink and sat it on the counter, throwing money down to cover her and whatever Joey had.

"Ready?" She asked Joey, holding out her hand for him to take.

Lauren watched as Joey eyed the glass she was drinking out of, that now had a slight bit of her blood on it, and looked back to her. The look she was giving him must have been demanding, because he stood up and grabbed her hand before leading her out of the bar.

Joey lead her to the back alley so they would be able to leave without being seen. They couldn't expose themselves to mortals, it was a criminal offense still, and their last names already gave them a bad enough reputation.

Lauren reached in her bag to pull out her broom, and raised her eyebrow at Joey, letting him know he didn't have a choice but to ride with her, and there would be no bat transformation for him tonight.

"Can you at least clean yourself up first?" Joey asked her, gesturing to her face. She hadn't noticed how far away he had been standing from her, and she realized that she probably reeked of blood, and Joey was probably using every ounce of energy he had to not let his instinct out.

She laughed and said the spell in her head to stop the bleeding, before waving her hand over her face to get the blood off. Joey looked annoyed that she would just vanish such pure blood into thin air like that, but he didn't say anything knowing that whatever it was they were doing meant business and they didn't have time for their petty arguments now.